Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guysJust wanted to show you all some pics of my mates VW Up!, its not mine I have standards.
We fitted with a twin cone air filter induction kit! It gives the car a nice loud roar and improved throttle response! Very tight fit under the bonnet but it fits and fitted in 5minutes flat!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does the bonnet still close?

Nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the Up! Has no performance to start with so it cant blunt anything...but the standard intake doesn't take in cold air anyway so it cant be worse and it sounds better

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's not exactly a performance car is it? It's more a spritly city car, which it does very well actually.
All said, I can't see any point at all in putting an air filter on one anyway?! It's not exactly your typical boy racer chariot. It likely sounds ridiculous, voids warranties, and if not declared actually voids insurance...

·
Registered
265 Posts
that is only going to reduce power, now it has to draw air through two air filters lol
Edited by: Mulo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it sounds good, not chavvy but good :) and it doesn't void insurance at all, I've got one on my own car and I've rang my insurers and they said its not worth ringing about, its just like upgrading the headlight bulbs...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Just like upgrading headlights can void your insurance too then. Trust me. I know.
You have a bump and your insurance company see that filter, undeclared, they will worm out of paying for it. Whether or not you believe me or not is up to you, but I can guarantee you that's the truth.
I'm sure it sounds great, especially with the filter resonating against the underside of the bonnet. Each to their own.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Davec86 said:
Just like upgrading headlights can void your insurance too then. Trust me. I know.
You have a bump and your insurance company see that filter, undeclared, they will worm out of paying for it. Whether or not you believe me or not is up to you, but I can guarantee you that's the truth.
I'm sure it sounds great, especially with the filter resonating against the underside of the bonnet. Each to their own.
100% correct....I know as I was in the insurance industry for 30 years. Although in practice a bulb change would not be noticed in most cases - but a filter would.

Case closed!

PS: Glad that the MODs have stopped replies to the OPs stupid comments on the Up. Be interesting to know what car he drives so we can all find fault with it. No space for trolls on this forum.

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh dear Mr Brady is keeping the Max Power dream alive - folks we have a new Guru on the forum!!

He has written a great review on the up! a truebeliever...

"Well the VW Up!...what a fantastic car. Its an cheap, small, quick, better looking than me, makes lessflatulenceand has the best wheels I have ever seen fitted to a car, although I have only seen pictures of the Vauxhall Corsa on Phat wheels.<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Its a style mobile for 8k for a fab looking, nippy car. Its VW's Halo model . The dashboard is so high I cannot see over it - though being so young I am quite small. The speedo looks great and is so big even I can read it, great features like you can have 3 rev counters, one analogue and 2 on the screen make it soooo useable.
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">I really admire all you Up! drivers as they are the best drivers ever much better than me and my mates in our Corsa's trying to dodoughnuts in the local B&Q carpark. When I grow up I want to owen an up!. The walls in my bedroom are adorned with up!picturesmy mum when she comes to put my kegs in the washing basket thinks I have gone quite mad.I tell her everything about it is great, wonderful and the best think since sliced bread and a Corsa.
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">If I get one I wantspecialup! L plates in a few years when I can learn to drive, and I need to shave rather than this stupid bum fluff on my chin.

<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">I cannot wait to drive one and sample theawesomehandling great steering feel that only the up! can deliver and when I grow up I really want an up! GT, as that will be SIC....
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">John Brady of the Brady bunch"
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">

<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">

Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
592 Posts
The guys a tw_t! (Mr Brady that is). Can't he be expelled? He can't even spell properly (ie; owen=own). Once again the guy is a complete waste of space.

·
Registered
705 Posts
He's been suspended. Which seems to be the limit of the moderator's powers.

Nick

·
Registered
592 Posts
Suspended works for me - well done. Who was he?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Love that expression.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts