Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned the car on toda nd noticed on the computer screen it showed INSPEC before changing to the temp. Does this mean is time for the service?Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes.

Nick

·
Registered
727 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Have you read the Owner's Handbook?
But that would take all the fun out of the forum..!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Inspec shows up about 1k miles before due in my experience...gives you time to book it in.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Or a couple of days before in my case. I'd only done 6,500 in a year, so it would have taken a good deal longer to generate a mileage-based warning.

The system uses both a timer and a odometer to calculate when to get the car looked at.

Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,
Is this inspection has something to do with MOT? Or it is just a check of the whole car? Is it necessary means something wrong with the car?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It is a reminder that a service is due.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you,

Just read the manual, I never paid attention to service schedule paper in the document case:)
Apparently its time to oil change;)

Cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
How would one get rid of the INSPEC on the dash because I dont want to pay VW £189! for a light service i could do myself :/ would you just connect a diagnostic tool into the computer and reset everything or would the car sense its had a oil/oil filter and air filter change somehow?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
The handbook explains how to reset the service reminder, I think it's just a case of holding down a couple buttons in the car but can't remember exactly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ah thankyou I'll have a gander later :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys, just question - in case of that INSPEC message, should I contact the seller or any service ? In my case seller is VW.
Are they charging for inspection?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Unless you did a deal at time of purchase eg three years service package then yes you will have to pay for services. I am not sure about servicing and warranty, I believe it is not necessary to use the dealer network as long as a recognised service station carries out the work. I feel a bit cheated as my reminder has just appeared but only says INSP!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Beevee said:
Unless you did a deal at time of purchase eg three years service package then yes you will have to pay for services. I am not sure about servicing and warranty, I believe it is not necessary to use the dealer network as long as a recognised service station carries out the work. I feel a bit cheated as my reminder has just appeared but only says INSP!!
Haha, sorry, mine also says INSP :)

Could I ask how you dealt with it - did you contacted VW service or you have used any other services. If each cases, how much the inspection cost you?

It seems like car is all fine, I have also checked the engine oil level manualy, its all fine.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I agreed a three year service plan with the VW dealer. This means the servicing for the first three years has been pre paid. My first service is being done in a couple of weeks time. It is basically an oil change and inspection. From memory the cost of the service plan was £199.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Couple of weeks?! Why is it taking so long? The car is new, one year only (I assume) :(

Yeah, according to owners manual oil change should done periodically, but I never thought the period for change is one year!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Two weeks because that is a date convenient to me!! The service intervals are based on mileage or time and are no longer than once a year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Up! is in transit so should be with me soon! I have also got the 3 year servicing package. Does the cost include materials (oil etc) or are theses charged for making only time included in pack?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts