Up Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there do you know if there's some English diagrams or help in installing ? I've got all the parts to do this

Many thanks
Nick

·
Registered
160 Posts
i did say that the people that where interestet should messure a little for me and i would make a right hand drive wirring harness, it will be as cheap as buying the premade yellow singel wires from vw.and it will come with instruktions too

regards

RIx

·
Registered
13 Posts
RIX said:
i need to know where the bcm is in a right hand drive car please find that out

regards RIX

Hi, new to the forum and keen to add cruise to my '13 Australian-delivered Up! I can look for the BCM and measure things up in about 6 weeks if no-one else does it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm wanting to install cruise control to my High UP, collecting it saturday, and I'm going to holland for 100% tuning so wanting it fitted for then, was originally taking my BMW E30 but it wont be ready in time :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
RIX said:
that would be nice

regards
RIX

So I've now been able to measure the approximate distances on my '13 Australian (RHD) Up!. If it's as reecegoddard says, it's behind the OBD port / fuse box on the right kick panel (I couldn't see it but could feel a box behind there):

Steering wheel base (approximation of the stalks) to the pedal box = 50cm.
Right from the centre of the pedal box to the kick panel = 20cm.

These were measured without pulling anything apart, so at least a 70cm wire would be needed, but 1m would do it for sure if it doesn't need to snake around too much.

RIX, could you refresh us on what parts we'd need to make this happen, what we need to check and how to install? Thanks!

Edited by: goose

·
Registered
160 Posts
you need wirring harness and the stalks, plus vcds for coding(dealer kan code also) bcm must end on 87 or higher(86 is no good for CC)

i wanted a pictures off where the bcm i located, just take a picture with your phone up where the pedals are if your lucky u can see the bcm number, other wise read with vcds or take the car apart

if you have start/stop then the bcm is 90(highest you can get, means you can code rear light and turn lights)
and the i want a picture from the engine bay so i can se where the wirring goes out from bcm, and where the ecu i located

regards
RIX

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to take some pictures, but it's pretty tight behind the dash. Does anyone know how to get the lower dash panels (underneath the steering wheel) off? I can't find a working workshop manual.

RIX you said earlier that you thought the BCM would be on the left hand side? Where is the ECU located?

·
Registered
13 Posts
That should be easy enough to get to then. Still wondering how to get the lower dash panels off, I'm reluctant to just yank in case it's more than just clips holding it on. I couldn't see any obvious screws. Anyone got the workshop manual?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still no luck in getting the dash off, so until that happens, no pics or measurements. So if anyone knows how to make it happen, let me know.

81 - 100 of 177 Posts