Up Owners Club banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Unfortunately it's been about 6 months since I first put it in. The pin on the Ecu is pin 29 on the short plug. Then there are wires from the stalk to the bcm. Pretty sure there are some wiring guides on this thread somewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you even have any advice for getting access to the BCM, specifically how to remove the required dash panels, that would help A LOT.

I'll say that if I can get help getting that done and my BCM is compatible, I'll put together a full guide for others wanting to do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There are 2 locking plugs on the back of the bcm which you have to pull down a lever to remove them.
To remove the lower trim there are 6 bolts. You need to pry off the trim at the end of the dash to get access to 2 of them. There is one underneath the trim near the a pillar. There is one next to the centre console. The last two are covered by the centre console trim. You need to remove the upper and lower parts of the centre console. The top half should just pop off with a bit of force and the lower trim has 4 bolts and 6 retaining clips. You need to disconnect the electrical plugs if you have them. You also have to remove the light switch to take off the drivers trim.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanx for that, unfortunately there is no wiring guide on here as I have looked. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I found instructions in Polish but I'm a little rusty.......

Glad you got it working ok.

Does your trip computer work on the right stalk?

Shane

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still haven't gotten onto pulling the dash apart, part out of lack of time part out of fear :)

Thanks for the info reecegoddard, did you use anything special when prying the plastics apart? I definitely don't want to scratch anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I really really, want the wiring diagram required, waiting on the terminals to come, then I'm making up the wiring loom, got everything else now!

So where do the 9 wires go? anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it possible to install the cruise control on a 2017 Up!?

My dealer is saying that it isn't possible on the new facelift models, but I don't really trust what they say anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Managed to get a picture of the BCM.
http://i.imgur.com/0F3cJ2T.jpg

It does seem slightly different. Even the part number is different, ending in F.

I tried asking around in a few stores located in Netherlands that advertised the retrofit cruise controls. But they weren't of any help, and said that they had no experience of the newer models and that they couldn't help.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see that the majority of this topic was active quite a few years ago, so was just wondering whether there was any more experience out there with those have undertaken the retro-fit of the cruise control using OE parts?

I have a 2012 Move up! which doesn't have start/stop and having looked at the part number on the BCM, it ends in 086, which i think means that it would need changing in order to even think about it. They are expensive, but it seems possible to get hold of one used for a more reasonable price.

Is it possible?

does anyone have an idiots guide to how to do it?

From my perspective, the taking apart the steering wheel to get access to the unit and replace the stalks will be the easier part. the hard part is understanding how to route the wiring, and where all the wiring is going to and from! oh and then there is the VCDS side of things!

I've seen the Italian forum, but my italian is rubbish, and google translate doesn't quite do the job i don't think?!

Cheers.

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure that this is still that active, but you never know!?

Having studied the wiring diagrams, im trying to understand how many cables there are and where they go to and from. I have an older model 2012.

So far i get:

1.E595 (steering module) pin 28 ---> pin 44(A) J519 (BCM)
2.E595 (steering module) pin 27 ---> pin 47(B) J519 (BCM)
3.E595 (steering module) pin 30 ---> pin 44(B) J519 (BCM)
4.E595 (steering module) pin 31 ---> pin 46(B) J519 (BCM)
5.E595 (steering module) pin 26 ---> pin 45(B) J519 (BCM)
6.E595 (steering module) pin 29 ---> pin 29(A) J623 (ECU)

However there is a physical solder/splice link between 5. and 6. above shown on the current flow diagrams, and i'm wondering in reality how this is achieved? Can this physical connection be achieved by adding an extra cable that runs E595 pin 29 --> pin45(B) BCM and splicing it with cable 5. above and also splicing into this, the cable that runs to the ECU? Would this correctly physically link all the necessary parts? i tend to arrive at the conclusion an extra cable over what everyone has already stated is required - but im obviously going wrong somewhere, or missing the obvious alternative!

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the way to go. I'll post back when I have my cruise control installed. Parts on the way.

E: wrong image

Edited by: Halaro

·
Registered
153 Posts
that does not look correct sorry to say j29 is not in my loom, i have been on holiday and now sick as a dog so iam not responding so much sorryrh1464 please send the pictures off were the moduls are bcm and ecu to soranrix et gmail??com
regards
Sören

·
Registered
294 Posts
Halaro said:

Success.
RIX was correct about the diode not being needed.
Good to see you've got it working

So your wiring diagram above is correct, minus the diode?

Does the new stalk come with a wiring loom as per your diagram?

Do you think this would work on a 2017 High UP? Your gauges are slightly different.

Thanks again for for your posts

101 - 120 of 155 Posts