Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're now getting used to our new 'Stealth up!' (black with black alloys) but there's a tiny thing bugging me.

The back lights to the instruments (speedo etc) are sometimes on and sometimes not (they're on if the cars lights are on which is fine but this is with the cars lights off) and there's no apparent reason I can figure. They don't flicker on and off but why do they come on in the first place? Is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
No its fine, if you search the issue you will find it but to make it quick, when you switch the car on and they are on its fine but when you go somewhere darker or in early evening and you notice the lights dimming well its a little reminder to put your lights on

·
Registered
957 Posts
Not a problem they all do this.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
AlanG said:
Yes it's true. To some people it's clever, to others it's counter-intuitive.
I'd of prefered them to put auto lights in instead of trying to remind us to switch lights on, just do it haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. It's a bit of an odd way of doing things but at least the car's working the way it should.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's so you know when it's time to switch the lights on: once the speedo is too dark to see, it's time to switch on. I was confused by this at the start, but now I realise it's a good idea.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know why auto headlights isn't standard on them. They've done everything else needed to make it work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Heartagram said:
I don't know why auto headlights isn't standard on them. They've done everything else needed to make it work.
Probably because you can switch autolights off.

·
Registered
851 Posts
UpMan said:
Heartagram said:
Probably because you can switch autolights off.
Good point. It becomes law in Switzerland on 1 Jan 2014 to have dipped headlights on at all times with failure to do so resulting in a fine. Auto lights are not good for day time running.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm sure it can't be that hard to retain the DRL with an auto headlight function.

·
Registered
448 Posts
DRL's are designed to work and show well in daylight. When it becomes dark they do not show as well ...that is why VW dim the " Dash Lights " to tell us to switch on our Main Lights....If we have not done so already !!

Go well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Can't believe so much fuss is being made about auto headlights. How difficult is it to switch them on and off as required? Having had them in the past I have found at times they come on when not needed and fail to come on when required.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Beevee said:
Can't believe so much fuss is being made about auto headlights. How difficult is it to switch them on and off as required? Having had them in the past I have found at times they come on when not needed and fail to come on when required.
It is difficult enough recarding the amount of posts here.

-eelis-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts