Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi how much did you pay for you Insurance...Mine was £188 form tesco +++++++++++++£50 of free FUEL.As jimmy Saville said HOWS ABOUT THAT THEN...HA HA

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Tesco are cheapest for me aswel! 6 years driving, 4 ncb, 24 years old with the wife on 1 years driving, £430. On go compare its around £700

·
Registered
587 Posts
I got to £275 with 0 no claims due to not having insured a car for 3 years, so lost the full NCD I had, as my wife is insured on the Leon.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was told today when I went to sign papers for mine to make sure insurance covers repairs with genuine VW parts otherwise warranty not valid. Not sure if this is true but something to consider that cheapest not always best.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got my insurance for £218 from the post office, includes no claims protection and legal cover.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm not sure that can possibly be true! They do sell VW ensurance thou believe its called. It's about £50-60 a year or something, which ensures all your repairs etc are done through be with genuine parts etc. worth checking out if what they say is true.
Anyone else heard that?
Are you sure they don't mean any parts replace not by them are not covered by the warranty?
I just had a quick look at the warranty T&Cs and I couldn't see anything of the sort.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Like I said I'm not sure either, be mindful this was a VW sales person telling me this whilst offering me the free 7 day VW insurance. Also when I phoned to arrange the 7 day insurance they gave me a quote for the year and asked for the dealer code and who I dealt with.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It is true that parts need to be OEM, but the Up! is too new to have so called pattern part's. The insurance repair would use genuine parts anyhow. So it is a bit of spin as well by the dealer and helps sell VWinsurancewhich in my case were nearly £200 more!!

With any claim you have the right to specify the bodyshop it goes to anyway, although on a fault claim the insurance company will try to get you to use there 'preferred' bodyshop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
got mine through churchill as i still had 10 months till renewal and it only worked out £158 for myself and my wife with 5 years ncd protected and car replacement hire if any thing wrong with my betty blue

·
Registered
430 Posts
VW quoted me about same second time of asking, first quote was £260 but offered large reduction when I said my best quote so far had been £157 with Hastings, may take the VW one though as cover is better. Either way its over £100 cheaper than my old Astra!

·
Registered
367 Posts
£168.00

Two of us Fully Comp.

No free fuel though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts