Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Up! has developed a.. well, let's just call it a "quirk"..

If you accelerate quickly from a standing start, the interior light seems to temporarily flash on.

It's only a minor thing, but very annoying.

Is this a warranty thing?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's in the door open mode.. although if it carries on might have to set itpermanentlyoff..

Redline indicator!! LOL!! Maybe it means I'm engaging warp speed?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Warp speed makes the wing mirrors automaticly fold in and the radio has a warp setting which blasts out a swoosh sound

·
Registered
198 Posts
Somewhat related to this... I've read that first stage of Saturn V rockets (used to send Apollo missions to the Moon) consumed 1 ton of fuel per second. Could someone calculate to what speed an up! would be accelerated, if it burned entire fuel tank in a second? Let's say it uses 55kW engine somewhere near most optimal working range, which just generates a lot of power without any bad side effects.

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
811 Posts
Not sure about that, there is no boot light. I can't think of a more plausible explanation though unfortunately but I like the warpspeed indicator idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know there is no bootlight but your tailgate also activates tour interior light. I have had the same problem in my Mii. There was some dirt caught in the tailgate button. This made it not close properly

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'd never noticed that. I'll have to go and check it out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ooh.. Never considered that. Had the car washed and vacuumed on the day it started, and the bloke might not have shut boot properly. Will check it out in a minute. Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just popped outside now, boot didn't seem particularly well shut, so gave it a good slam. Will take it for a spin later to see if that has solved it. Thanks again jespermansfeld

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you!! Just had the same problem this morning, thinking the electrics were faulty as the interior light kept coming on and off while I was driving. Just checked tail gate, and sure enough, it wasn't closed properly. Problem solved :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts