Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I note that both our UP! whites have a single interior light , yet some photos of cars on the forum show an interior light with two seperate reading lights as well....is this new or have I been short-changed??

just wondering !

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe it comes with the sunroof, I think you get a different panel with the roof control. Mine is a White with sunroof and has two reading lights as well as the normal interior light. My car was ordered in May and registered in September.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The light you mention is from a VW Polo and other vw Group cars, it is a simple modification and costs about £60 to do.
There is also two red ambilights as well as two map lights and a interior light .
You can see an example of it here:- http://www.oemshop.dk/index.php?cPath=32_41
Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's called a W8 lamp. Their standard VW components and come in many <strike>sizes and</strike> colors with varying features.
Personally I'm going to install the skoda superB version with reading lights, ambient lighting and green button light to match the up button light.
Edited by: Mulo

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mulo said:
It's called a W8 lamp. Their standard VW components and come in many sizes and colors with varying features.
Personally I'm going to install the skoda superB version with reading lights, ambient lighting and green button light to match the up button light.
When you have done this please post some pictures
Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ian986 said:
Mulo said:
It's called a W8 lamp. Their standard VW components and come in many <strike>sizes and</strike> colors with varying features.
When you have done this please post some pictures
Thanks

I can do that, but it wont be until mid april as I'm not getting my Up until mid easter!

I forgot to mention that if you want a version with light in the buttons and ambient light, you will have to pull an extra wire from the light switchin the dashboard,and up through the A column.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like the idea of ambient lighting as most the BMW I drive have this and is a nice touch maybe when you install yours you can do a step by step fitting guide
Thanks
Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts