Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some would be interested in the difference look between the tw. LED's are Osram as per pix.

·
Super Moderator
1,073 Posts
I've fitted LED's to my interior light and the difference is like night and day! I highly recommend doing this..

How come you only have 2 lights on in this picture with the switch in that position? You know there are 3 bulbs in these light units?Edited by: lupogtiboy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to show the difference between the two, when all three are on with the new LED's, its daylight!<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px; -: initial initial; -repeat: initial initial;">

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
The switch is in the off position and the reading lights are switched on i take it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks brilliant, I've just ordered some from Powerbulbs Direct many thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Whoops! Can anyone tell me how I access the interior light bulbs on a sunroof Up!, there doesn't seem to be any info in the handbook and Google isn't helpful either, though I seem to remember a while back, a forum member changed the interior light for a Passat or Phaeton one - thanks.

Don't worry, found the post, here it ishttp://volkswagen.workshop-manuals.com/up/index.php?id=862
Edited by: gordoac

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bulbs arrived this morning, now fitted, agree 100% with lupogtiboy, they turn night into day! Many thanks DB007 for pointing out this mod, just brilliant!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

Can you confirm for me that all three bulbs in the interior light cluster are the same? As the packs indicated are sold in pairs, you'll need two packs. Cheers, Jon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys. Im battling to remove lens to get to the light. Can anyone shed some light. Do you start at the side facing the rear of the car or windsreen side. I used a credit card but cant get it to pop. If some as a pic or diagram of the lens or housing. I would appriciate it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi guys. Im battling to remove lens to get to the light. Can anyone shed some light. Do you start at the side facing the rear of the car or windsreen side. I used a credit card but cant get it to pop. If some as a pic or diagram of the lens or housing. I would appriciate it
Start at the windscreen end right hand side and gently lever down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts