Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have 6 month old up! which was bought from new. In the last couple of months the EPC has been coming on and the engine starts to run strangely, like it is in limp home mode.

It has been to the VW garage twice to be fixed. Both times I have been told the problem has been solved but it has not. The strange thing is that the problem only seems to happen when I am driving over 60mph (ie. on the motorway!) or when revving the engine to accelerate quickly. I can get rid of the warning light by re-starting the car, but it is prone to happen again after I have done this.

Any help on what could be wrong would be a great help, especially as I can't seem to find any other Up!'s having a similar problem.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
have you got an OBD2 reader...it would give you the fault code

either way, its a job for your dealer....just tell them to fix it and give you a courtesy car til they do!...a phaeton would do nicely!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Agreed with privatedoc. Your car clearly isn't right and the dealer needs to take it back until the problem is sorted 100%.

Don't put up for being fobbed off or 'we've fixed it'. Get evidence. They should be able to prove to you what was wrong and how they've rectified it. You've shelled out money for a car that you expect to work.

If you can't get a resolution from the dealer, consider escalating it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds like you have definitely got a intermittent fault .could be so so simple that meters etc will not find ,the fault especially if it is from a worn connection ,,etc bad earth ,,do take it back to the dealer ,in question ,or if you are not satisfied ,,go to another vw dealer, as most times .past experience counts 80. Percent of most fixed faults phill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts