Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with recently acquired 62 model High Up with Maps and More.1. Connection to Bluetooth on iphone 5 drops out every couple of minutes or so for a couple of seconds and then continues playing music.
2. Connection to ipod touch 5 is really hit and miss, and rarely completes the connection.
3. Play back from SD card has same problem as iphone
4. FM radio is fine.

Any bright ideas?

·
Registered
252 Posts
On ours, the bluetooth streaming stutters occasionally, but have no issues with SD card.

One thing to check, is the arm firmly clicked in place where it meets the dash, ours sometimes needs second click.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup, make sure the mount is properly in place, plus have you updated to latest firmware on M&M unit? Think at least two of the updates address Bluetooth issues.

·
Registered
540 Posts
MY UP has the intermittent drop of connection on Bluetooth - I've always ensured the arm is connected (with the click) and that everything is connected.

Weirdly after about 30 mins driving it seems to go and the sound is constant. I've always just ignored it because I don't use the Satnav very much at all as I only ever make short journeys (car has only done 1000 miles since I bought it Feb/March!).

One thing I will say is that my Iphone 5s never fails to connect to the unit, which is a million times better than my old Alfa where it would connect maybe 1 out of every 10 attempts!

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
My M&M connects my son's ipod touch 5 as a pair of Bluetooth headphones, so I have to use the aux in when he's in the car. However my current gen nano(7th I think) works fine unless I also pair my phone (Samsung Galaxy s5) as well, then the Bluetooth 'stutters' every 5th or 6th song for a few seconds at the beginning of the track, then plays fine until its next Gareth Gates attack. However, if I do pair my phone and play music from it, no problems!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try re-attaching to see if that solves the problem. I think I have the latest MandM software but will double check.

>>>My M&M connects my son's ipod touch 5 as a pair of Bluetooth headphones

Same here, but still plays intermittently via BT. Can't work that one out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts