Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since taking possession of my car, nearly a year ago, there have been intermittent problems with Maps and More. The car info just stopped recording, the Satnav went silent or failed completely. After many, many hours wasted on the Dealer's forecourt with a technician tinkering with the unit, it was finally replaced a month ago and the wiring too apparently. Car info has been OK ever since, but today we tried out the Satnav and it was crazy. Stopped working periodically, then told us to do a u-turn, then would have had us double our journey, just no reason behind it. Fortunately we knew the way, otherwise we would still be out there, lost. And the phone let me down the other day - made 1 call, then 10 minutes needed to make another urgent one but it just said "no device connected". I had to stop and try and pair it up again, but to no avail. Yet today it is working again. And the reception apparently is always very poor. This seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things, but if VW choose to supply this thing as an integral part to the package, that means I have paid for it, and that means it should work. Instead, it is totally unreliable and very, very frustrating. The dealer has been less than helpful generally, and now wants the car yet again for yet another diagnostic session. Nothing has shown up in the past. There seem to be a lot of people with issues like mine - why can't VW change the system to one which is reliable?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine occasionally gets crazy as well. Now I simply use my mobile phone when I need reliable navigation assistance.
Also had issues with making phone calls - dealer didn't know how to fix it (and I've needed the car back urgently, so I didn't press). Also had sudden u-turns being advised on the middle of a straight road, while going in the right direction all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Unfortunately my phone is not that sophisticated, and I just think it's reasonable to expect higher standards from VW, both on the equipment and the service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts