Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Long time no see. Hope ya'll doing great.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I have been busy for a long time, but have finally got some time, getting on in my UP! project.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I have been a car-pc user for a lifetime, but decided to give an iPad a chance as well...but...Without loosing the car-pc opportunity.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I think this is the worlds only car-pc and ipad combi-install, so I'm quite happy for it.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">A lot of modification was needed, and a lot of hours has been spend in the workshop....But it has been all worth.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Hope you like. I'm already moving on for the next modification, so stay tuned for the high-tech-UP-project:-

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for the comments.As a fabricator it means a lot, having a positive response to the work you've done.

Grooveclip: I use it as a media-center, instead of having a normal 1DIN/2DIN headunit.
Music means a lot to me, and I'mthe "ol-skool" type, that still buys CD's in physical form, and then rip to FLAC to be stored on my car-pc.
The idea of having a car-pc as the source unit, is that you can have as high music-quality as you could dream of, just by choosing the right DAC (soundcard) for your system.
So I'm a bit "geeeky" in this field, and tries many different solutions, just to hear the difference. Just like speakers which I often changes too.
Besides the music-part I also use it for GPS navigation, webbrowsning, Youtube/Spotify music streaming, webradio, mails, OBD-reading, rear-camera input and such.
So basically all the tasks and stuff that you do on you home PC/media center is available in the car.
The iPad-integration is mostly to test, if it would be as usable as a car-pc, and just to do it.
I makes a lot of "crazy" projects, and I just have thought about this for a while, and finally got the time for it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa!
How the heck did you get the heater dials down there!?
Also: Super nice install! albeit i would've found another place for the "Auto brake" button, or made it neater.
The iPad installation itself look so clean, tho!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blackpuppy:

In regards to the Auto-brake button I actually spend many hours, trying to find out where to locate it.
No matter where it was placed, it would either waste up some unwanted space, or beeing difficult to get to.
I actually thought about cutting it completely off, as I never use it anyway. So it was the only place where it could be located, and still be functional.
As the design of the button is uniform in two corners, and angular in two, I also throught about "rounding" the angulars to make it look the same, but this would break the painted surface, and mess up the light.

When my coming dash-conversion I think all the buttons will be moved anyway, as I have some plans in mind for this.

In regards to the heater-control, it's actually from an old build of mine, but you can see how it was done below:

·
Registered
53 Posts
is it possible to buy one "box" where the heat panel is?

er det muligt at købe sådan en box som du har lavet? :) Kunne godt bruge en :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rasmus modsat: Sure...I can do another one, but it is quite a job, so a bit pricy.

And you'll have to do the re-fitting of the A/C panel to use it, but I guess you know...

·
Registered
106 Posts
-Aze-
I gotta ask you what kind of glue you used for your side mirror light maghinghy..
It looks kinda like hot glue, but what is it. (In Danish would be preferable as well)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blackpuppy: Det er ganske rigtigt varmelim, dog en meget specifik type, som jeg altid benytter til sådanne projekter.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Den kan købes i Biltema i 100 stks (mener jeg) pakker.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Det er det absolut bedste jeg nogensinde har fundet, og jeg har forsøgt med en hel del efterhånden.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Den minder rigtig med om "rigtig" industri-varmelim, og har en enormt god hæfteevne!

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">To the rest of the community: Sorry for speaking in Danish, just had to point out a specific store in Denmark...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts