Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issued
pairing the iPhone 6 to their M+M?

I attempted to do this several times last night, it crashed M+M for about 45 mins on the first 2attempts, then it
appeared to pair although the phone didn't ask for the pairing code which seems like a big security flaw.

Now it's 'paired' [to a fashion] I can start a call through M+M but it won't come through the speakers, when someone calls me it comes up as 'anonymous calling' but the only button I have onthescreen is ""˜hang up' not answer ""“ the ring also doesn'tnot come
though the speakers.

oddly I can play music through M+M
via Bluetooth fine.

I'veunpaired and
re-paired and I get the same result, I assume it's an iPhone issue rather than
iOS 8 as my old phone still works and that's also running iOS 8.
Any thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi pumpy,

Sorry, I can't help you ...

But
I wouldn't blame it on M&M if a(n) (brand new) apple product isn't
compatible to "normal" products. iSh*t does everything to be "unique"

Only help ...
You should try to find out how your new iphone is connected to M&M.
If it isn't embedded right, M&M to radio connection can't work ...

I
wished our governments would make laws for "phone vintage modes". Every
new product has to be compatible to the standard it had two versions
before or a common standard. The user can select "vintage mode" or the
"fantastic new extra standard". Then customers can be sure that their
mobile works with every other unit ...

The next M&M update by Garmin comes in October ...
But will they have a firmware update agian? And if yes, surely not for the brand new iphone 6 ...
When
you get your new up!, don't forget to buy the M&M "update for 2
years" for a few Pounds. Garmin will surely have a fix for this - but
when???

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm not holding the M+M responsible, although I've never been able to get the navigation to actually 'speak' the directions so it might be faulty.

I just assumed as it seems to have half connected that maybe I'm doing something wrong (although I'm a bit of a geek so nirmally have no issues with these things!

And yep, I'll be sure to get the 2 year update package when I get the new car.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Its no the m&m its the phone!New versus old??

My iPhone 5s won't pair but my wives 5s will??

Not doing anything different with the phone or the m&m.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't have an iPhone 6 but I have upgraded my 5s to iOS 8. There appears to be a bug with the Personal Hotspot feature in iOS 8 - it randomly switches off and disappears completely from the Settings menu until you reboot the iPhone.

Personal Hotspot is needed for the M&M to use Live Services, so this is annoying to say the least.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Umiamz said:
I don't have an iPhone 6 but I have upgraded my 5s to iOS 8. There appears to be a bug with the Personal Hotspot feature in iOS 8 - it randomly switches off and disappears completely from the Settings menu until you reboot the iPhone.

I may have fixed this. Last time Personal Hotspot disappeared from the Settings app, I went into Mobile and found it under there. Once I had enabled it from there, it appeared again in the main Settings list and hasn't switched off or disappeared since. M&M was able to hold a connection to Live Services for the whole of my 20 mile drive home from work, so looks like it might be OK now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you check out this article they mention an iPhone 6 Bluetooth issue and provide advice on a workaround provided by Apple.

http://recode.net/2014/09/16/iphone-6-review/

".....I had trouble at first getting the iPhone 6 to work reliably with my car's built-in Bluetooth. Apple gave me a solution, which involved removing old, unused devices from my far-larger-than-normal list of devices connected to iCloud. (The company said this had something to do with proper Bluetooth pairing on my particular car model.) But Bluetooth calling in the car worked fine after that. Apple says most customers aren't likely to have this issue, but it is promising a bug fix soon."

·
Registered
325 Posts
Umiamz said:
I may have fixed this. Last time Personal Hotspot disappeared from the Settings app, I went into Mobile and found it under there. Once I had enabled it from there, it appeared again in the main Settings list and hasn't switched off or disappeared since. M&M was able to hold a connection to Live Services for the whole of my 20 mile drive home from work, so looks like it might be OK now.

OK, no, it's still broken. What appears to have happened is that Apple have moved the Personal Hotspot settings under 'Mobile' (or 'Cellular' in some locales) in iOS 8. It still appears now and again directly on the Settings menu but randomly disappears, disconnecting the M&M.

I'm thinking that this is probably a carrier config bug so my current advice is to always enable/disable Personal Hotspot from under the Mobile/Cellular settings - that appeared to work today but time will tell.

Alternatively, don't update to iOS 8 until Apple have fixed these bugs!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The frustration I have is that my iPhone 5 had iOS 8 on it and worked like a dream, and my wife's iPhone 4s with iOS8 works fine...it's just the 6, I've reset and restored everything and tried various tips off thenet - I've no doubt apple will provide a patch soon but it is annoying

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I finally got this to work - after numerous re-sets on the M+M and the iPhone the solution was simple.

Reset all settings - not erase and restore, just a settings reset - this doesn't lose any data, apps, messages photos etc but it wipes the memory of the personal preferences for everything form ringtone to network settings, these only took me 10 minutes to get back to my preferences and the phone now functions with M+M perfectly. I assume there was a bluetooth profile embedded in there form my old iPhone as I restore my settings from backup.

On the plus side the resetting my M+M have got the sound to work on the Navigation - it had never worked before!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,The behaviour I am seeing sounds very similar to the OP,
Here is what I have:
1. Select 'pair bluetooth device' in Phone menu on M&M and confirm connected status on both iPhone 6 and M&M
2. Start playing audio on iPhone 6 - confirm audio comes through stereo
3. Sync resent calls then call one of the entries retrieved, also same behaviour with synced contacts
4. The M&M says 'Calling Anonymous...' and the phone registers the call attempt for the number selected
5. The call audio does not come through the stereo and the M&M still shows the 'Calling Anonymous...' dialog with only a Cancel button
6. I attempt to cancel the call on the M&M but it will not cancel - nothing happens
7. I cancel the call on the iPhone 6 but the M&M still thinks there is a call ongoing - cancel button still does not function.
8. I disable bluetooth on the phone and the M&M says device disconnected.
9. I re-enable bluetooth on the phone and the M&M still thinks there is a call ongoing so brings up the 'Calling Anonymous...' dialog but the cancel still does not work.
10. The only way out of this is to use 'Reset Network' on the iPhone 6 and clear out the bluetooth connections on the M&M.

Does this sound familiar ? If so, can someone help me please.

I performed the above steps using the original M&M software that came with my car (new in Nov 2013) andI have also updated the firmware on the M&M to the latest available (...14.11) which included an update the bluetooth firmware (...r39) and tried the above steps again, with the same results!

Taking advice from posts in this forum, I have just tried using 'Reset All Settings' on the iPhone 6 but have not tried making a call on the M&M yet - will try soon...

Thanks,
Simon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts