Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, of the people that use M&M, are there many of us that use the BT connection with an iPhone for music?
If so, can anyone help me with a query?
I can't access my music library through the PID unit, but am lead to believe if I change my music files, I may be able to. Has anyone done this? Any issues? Time consuming/easy etc?
Appreciate your thoughts, thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi

i am new to MM but try yesterday connectet via BT my Iphone 5 and it play whit no problem music certenly it use mutch Battery of the iphone ! I have latest SW on MM and Iohone too.

I mus see this in long therm but for short it works !

greetings

Jarre

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I understand you correctly, it won't help. I don't think the M+M supports AVRCP 1.4, which is the Bluetooth profile needed, from what I understand:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile#Advanced_Audio_Distribution_Profile_.28A2DP.29The iPhone does seem to support 1.4, as found here:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647
but I can't find any information on the Navigon unit used in our UP!s

The iPhone also supports MAP, the message profile, but it doesn't work with the m+m either,Mobile Phones

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I'm not following.
I can play my music, I just can't access 'playlists' as it were, or alter what's playing through the cars infotainment system, only through my phone.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just as a matter of interest, I agree with many that playing from the sd card is the best option.

I find the easiest way to do it now is to maintain my music library (including playlists) on my pc rather than on itunes. Then it's very easy to add any playlists or new music direct via usb to the PID

·
Registered
462 Posts
I will check our up later today because we use sd card as iPhone jitters now and then both on iPhone 4 and iPhone 5

·
Registered
727 Posts
Davec86 said:
I can play my music, I just can't access 'playlists' as it were, or alter what's playing through the cars infotainment system, only through my phone.

That's exactly the way it works over here as well. If you start an album on the iPhone you can pause, fast forward/reverse or skip to next song from your Navigon M&M but that's about it. If you want a different album then it's back to the iPhone to select it.
Playlists give you a bit more choice of music but with the same restrictions as above.

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea the same here i can stop Play Forward and Reverse But thats All on Iphone 5

I even dont see any Cover on the MM !

greetings from Snow

Jarre

@VWWILD Grüsse aus dem Berner Seeland !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts