Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant connect my ipod to m&m via Bluetooth. I managed to pair it but i cannot connect for music.
Is it possible to connect an ipod touch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had exactly the same problem with my iPhone 5. To be honest when I bought the car I was expecting a USB port for my music as you just cannot beat a physical "cabled" connection. When I found out it was bluetooth only I knew that it would be "glitchy".It has worked fairly well, but most songs do tend to get interrupted,when it loses its connection intermittently.
Just recently the Navigon unit refused to recognise that my iPhone5 was even in the car in terms of PLAYING my MUSIC. As it still connected perfectly for bluetooth handsfree telephone calls.
This carried on for 2 days. All I then did was to disconnect the phone from the unit.(Go into "Bluetooth" menu on your phone and for "car phone" -choose "forget this device". Then try reconnecting.(ie let it search for nearby bluetooth devices and it should pick up the Navigon unit again,then enter the pin code-0,0,0,0,0 default setting I think) It has been working fine since but I am not holding my breath!!

Wireless playback is too prone to interference from over head power lines and all the other signals out there. I am sure they will add a USB port in future.Seems to be a nice gap right by the 12v socket,near the gear stick, ready for that purpose.

New Garmin derived unit for newer Ups also. Hopefully will be more reliable but I do not think that will be of help to us who have already paid up! In some respects it is not quite fit for purpose in my opinion.
MM

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have no problems at all with Bluetooth on my experia U. Works nice event outside the up! Sorry to hear about your probs! Im happy it works for me.I use it a lot!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No problems with I phone 4. All works perfectly for me and very stable connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the same problem in my wife's Up White blutooth connection with iphone 5 very inconsistent drops out during calls and music streaming etc any tips ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have they not changed the type of navigation unit from Navigon to Garmin to try and solve this fault,I have a Motorola TK30 bluetooth hands free with a I phone lead plus SD card and USB and if you want you can connect by Bluetooth works perfectly.I cannot see the advantages of paying all that money to VW for a unit that at best is not very good especially when there are much better and cheaper options available.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone tried Xperia z with m&m, am looking to upgrade phone but would hate to find not compatible. The April list on compatible phones is limited on recent phones.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Would there need to be a software upgrade on the M + M to pick up recent 'phones?

Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having issues connecting my new iPhone 5 upgrade to M&M can anyone help?

The M&M still shows my other IPhone as a trusted device - shall I delete this? ( i still have space to connect 2 more devices so this shouldn't be the problem)
My phone recognises the car and asks me to enter the pin which I put 0000
The car doesn't recognise the phone/ won't detect it..
All the relevant settings are correct for other devices to be found

Please help

Lou

1 - 10 of 10 Posts