Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my new up! and I was want to be ready to enjoy my music straight away.

I have an iPod nano that I would like to connect via the aux in port. Does anyone know the correct cable I would need to do this? I had a poke around the VW site but could not find it, I may just be a thickie.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi type in "3.5mm In Car AUX Audio Cable Lead Connector for iPod" on Ebay or Google. Seen white or black lead on ebay .

Paul (hazza55)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a male-male 3.5mm cable? so it is just working via the headphone jack?

I thought it would connect the aux in to the dock connector and I would be able to control the ipod. I can do this with the radio in my VW caddy, but its a different setup of course.

Better than nothing, but I was hoping for a more integrated approach.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dealer said mine would come with the cable.... maybe it was thrown in as an extra?? He was adamant it would be supplied with the car radio, but I didn't ask for it as an extra!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The cable does not come as an extra and won't be supplied with the car. You are better to order the maps and more infotainment system which will bt to your phones/pods....also...get the sound pack....£100 pounds only 4 speakers.....all the standard cars only come with two !!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
The aux port is right on the dash beside the controls, I would find that really annoying having a cable stretched down and in the wee cubby bit. In my polo the aux port is next to the cup holder so it's completely out the way!!

Won't need to bother with cables for my up, I will just sync my music via bluetooth from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
655 Posts
This is great but will drain the iPhone battery even more

·
Registered
677 Posts
My iPhone battery holds quite a long charge! And if it does go down the charging port is in the cubby cup holder so the cables will be out of sight!

·
Registered
655 Posts
My 4S battery life is useless, good job I have a work one as well! And good news for the cables being out of site...nothing worse!

·
Registered
677 Posts
It was funny, one night my phone actually died and forgot the charger so I plugged my cable into my watch (I use an iPod nano as a watch) ..... yeah don't do it!! Is highly distracting and I nearly ran over a granny as I tried to change song haha

·
Registered
553 Posts
I thought you could just connect via Bluetooth to the Maps & More, So why bother with an SD card?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Roadrunner said:
I also use an ipod nano as a watch altho I need a new strap. Which one have ou got and is it any good?

It's an iWatchz strap, its really good one :)

Does the Maps & More come with a SD card or do we have to supply our own? cause I want to get one soon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We got the Maps and More, was wondering if one could load movie files like WMV or MOV's and watch it from there!? :) if not, no worries but would be great if one could take that with for a long trip! Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:Word>
<!if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<!-->

iPhone 4s has just been updated to give better battery life
(Apple knew there was a problem with ios 5.0) it also has Bluetooth 4 this is suppose
to be less power hungry than older ones.

Bluetooth would also mean you can make and answer calls on the move.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts