Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is a compatible lead available to connect an ipod to the stereo system in the up? I know you can connect via aux in and bluetooth but I have an ipod classic so don't have bluetooth. I used to have a lead for my ipod on my clio that plugged into the slot for the cd changer and this allowed you to change tracks on the ipod etc using the buttons on the stereo and also charged the ipod, and would really like to have this in my up!

·
Registered
587 Posts
dmn100 said:
Does anybody know if there is a compatible lead available to connect an ipod to the stereo system in the up? I know you can connect via aux in and bluetooth but I have an ipod classic so don't have bluetooth. I used to have a lead for my ipod on my clio that plugged into the slot for the cd changer and this allowed you to change tracks on the ipod etc using the buttons on the stereo and also charged the ipod, and would really like to have this in my up!

RCD215 does not haveauto-changercontrol Ibelieve, only the 3.5mm aux in socket and maps and more connection. Not sure though if the standard VAG MDi cable will not plug directly into the back?

We have a look for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I'm afraid not, perhaps the new iPod nano ( with Bluetooth) is the answer or even just a big sd card.

There are plenty of cheap bt transmitters on eBay that would do the trick

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have just returned a Kokkia Bluetooth transmitter to Amazon. I tried to use this to connect my iPod Classic to Maps & More via Bluetooth, but to no avail. M&M recognised the transmitter but was unable to establish a Bluetooth connection. My iPhone works fine, however.
Before returning the transmitter, I spoke to my dealer and sent an email to Navigon - the dealer couldn't help and I've had no response from Navigon in over a week.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest, I think i'll just live with theauxiliary input and buy a car charger for it. Think bluetooth will be tootemperamentaland won't sound as good anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
You can stick a hundred or so tracks on a cd... I personally hate cables etc hanging about in the car so tend to use cd (mp3) or the sd card.........only use BT Audio for listening to podcasts etc from my phone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The beauty of using the iPod is that you can find the tracks, albums or playlists you want. Downloaded CD's are just so inflexible. Not tried the DS card feature - but is it any better than using MP3's on a CD?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
if you leave the file structure as a folder for each album, its easy to scroll through and find the right ones, then you can play or shuffle or repeat.....sometimes I just let it randomly select something from the 32 Gb.....very random indeed!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Privatedoc said:
if you leave the file structure as a folder for each album, its easy to scroll through and find the right ones, then you can play or shuffle or repeat.....sometimes I just let it randomly select something from the 32 Gb.....very random indeed!

I second that, just use the SD card in my M&M for music, is as easy to navigate as an iPod even if the menus are not quite as quick to flick through. I paid £2.90 for a 4Gb card which holds enough for me. A car kit will cost you more than that!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts