Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Up! owners,
I am going to my dealer to order a Move Up! on Friday. I do like the candy white colour, since I think it really fits the design of the car.

I am just wondering how hard it is to keep clean?

Hopefully some of the white Up! owners can help me here ;).

Best regards,

Kenneth

P.S. I spoke to my local dealer yesterday here in Denmark. So far, they have sold 195 Up's, and none of them has had any kind of mechanical/electrical problems.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bet it's not as hard to keep as the black.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was filling my up at petrol station today and I touched the roof and got the shock of my life, I could not belive how much dirt is there, you just don't notice it

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had my up! white Autoglym'd but it's still looking pretty filthy with the Sahara dust then a liberal dousing of rain...

I'd wash it, only I don't have a bucket yet! The bird poo wipes are great though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We have the candy white and like others have said,it looks clean when its not if that makes sense! The white looks great with the sports pack dark windows and alloys...do it!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
i avoided white and went for silver thinking it will get dirty easier

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Simple answer....just clean it more often, it's such a small car a damp Kleenex would do it

·
Registered
421 Posts
Local jetwash 2 quid for 5 minutes then a quick shammy, then if it's a black one same again tomorrow!!

Cars get mucky doesn't really matter what colour they are

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have to say I wash my High Up! For the first time last weekend, and it shined beautifully. I always use autoglym products and especially the Aqua wash kit, which you apply to wet car and use microfibre damp cloth, then finish off with dry microfibre cloth.....it sparkles and when it rains the water just rolls off the paintwork in little beads....Especially good on black cars as it doesn't leave streaks....highly recommended!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's good to know allamanda. Will look out for that

·
Registered
619 Posts
As others have said you don't notice the dirt until you start to wash the car. I washed mine the other day with Autoglym Car Shampoo and it came up really well. However, I did have to remove a lot of little tar spots, particularly along the bottom of the doors. You obviously don't see these on a black or dark coloured car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts