Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did not go for any extras at all and I would have liked the sensors and sound pack but is the basic lot in the High Up that bad as some seem to suggest? I see that people have done some home upgrades and I would not be brave enough to do it so I hope that at some point I can find a nice company to do it for me at a reasonable cost, but only if the basic stuff is that bad. I suppose I shall find out this time tomorrow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The sound with 2 speakers is perfectly ok.
The sound with 2 speakers is rubbish.

That sums up the main opinions on this forum, only you can reallyanswer that question.

Enjoy your up when it comes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Fair comment, I suppose it is all personal and I am not going to be like I am at home where my audio really counts. I went silly years ago and went for some rather expensive Linn equipment which could have been money to buy a almost new car but I still love my Linn equipment. I am also an old fart when it comes to music at home, it has to be on CD or at the very least if I go for a streamer it will have to be able to support .FLAC as MP3 is fine for the ipod when out and about on a train or in the car.

·
Registered
315 Posts
tweeter1980 said:
Very Fair comment, I suppose it is all personal and I am not going to be like I am at home where my audio really counts. I went silly years ago and went for some rather expensive Linn equipment which could have been money to buy a almost new car but I still love my Linn equipment. I am also an old fart when it comes to music at home, it has to be on CD or at the very least if I go for a streamer it will have to be able to support .FLAC as MP3 is fine for the ipod when out and about on a train or in the car.

Sugden here.

We went down the streamer route last year - all our music is in .FLAC format.

We use a Logitech Touch as the interface and it is excellent. We bypass the onboard DAC and use an Arcam rDAC instead to feed our Sugden A21a.

The sound is easily on a par with a CD played on our Sugden CD21 feeding the A21a.

Has revolutionised our listening!

NB: we rip with MediaMonkey and it is spot on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VWXYZ said:
tweeter1980 said:

Sugden here.

We went down the streamer route last year - all our music is in .FLAC format.

We use a Logitech Touch as the interface and it is excellent. We bypass the onboard DAC and use an Arcam rDAC instead to feed our Sugden A21a.

The sound is easily on a par with a CD played on our Sugden CD21 feeding the A21a.

Has revolutionised our listening!

NB: we rip with MediaMonkey and it is spot on.

I have looked at the option of the Logitech Squeeze touch and I do like the idea of that and that will be a purchase for a later date. I have listened to people's Sonos stuff and I really hated the reproduction, I listened to a friends Logitech and it was great.

I have never listened to Any Sugden stuff before but it has a very good name for it's self. I used to own ARCAM Alpha 9 series integrated Amp and CD player and I loved it but they eventually gave up on me so got the Linn I always wanted and it is an improvement for sure. I am not a huge Audio Techie or anything but I know what I like. My Current Linn Majik LK series and Linn Genki are superb and very well made, I would have liked Ninka Speakers but I had spent enough already so had to stick to my Epos M15.2 floor standers which do the job.

·
Registered
525 Posts
With just the two speakers the sound is OK. With the sound pack it is definitely a hundred quid's worth better but it's unlikely you will annoy your neighbours with earth-shattering beats! Hope you've got an outing planned for the weekend. Enjoy the car!Edited by: yapmaul

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not sure about the pros and cons re the sound pack, yes the sound is ok with just two speakers, but only ok. It's fine for me as an old bloke listening to radio four talk shows, but it wouldn't be fine for the latest cd I wanted to blast out....

Now if you have the sound pack fited, this will improve the sound to good I expect... However would this be a cheep starting point to have all speakers replaced with top quality ones and improve the sound to excellent quality or are you better to just have top audio cables fitted aftermarket as they fit out top spec speakers in the car too (basically speaking is the cable just ok too, I.e is it 'bell wire?)Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yapmaul said:
With just the two speakers the sound is OK. With the sound pack it is definitely a hundred quid's worth better but it's unlikely you will annoy your neighbours with earth-shattering beats! Hope you've got an outing planned for the weekend. Enjoy the car!
I wish we had an outing but all our roads near us are closed for cycle race.

·
Registered
525 Posts
With the fitted speakers and the vw radio I seriously doubt you could tell the difference between cheap and expensive cable. It's an OK system that's better with extra speakers but it ain't hi-fi. Actually even though I claim to be a musician I've never been able to hear any difference between speaker cables on my hi-fi. It all sounds a lot better than my old Dansette record player!

·
Registered
525 Posts
tweeter1980 said:
yapmaul said:
With just the two speakers the sound is OK. With the sound pack it is definitely a hundred quid's worth better but it's unlikely you will annoy your neighbours with earth-shattering beats! Hope you've got an outing planned for the weekend. Enjoy the car!
I wish we had an outing but all our roads near us are closed for cycle race.
And it looks like its not easy to watch the race. Is there anywhere you can get a view without a ticket?

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Olympic road race can be viewed around most of the route it's only box hill and a few other locations that are ticket only... Get to the end of your drive and cheer on Cav with all your worth mate!Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it is passing the end of my road. So will get a good view, we not far from Boxhill.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Markmod1 said:
Your a very lucky chap!!
I suppose so but it does mean that for the whole weekend we have to use trains to go places.

·
Registered
304 Posts
.... Wouldn't be going anywhere fast this weekend, whilst streetbound I would make the most of all the build up, atmosphere and the race itself... It would be a weekend to remember (especially if one of our lads wins) the final icing on a fab summer of cycling!

Have you seen a road race before tweeter, it's an amazing sight and the speed is unbelievable!Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi
After resetting the bass and treble via maps and more....the 2speaker sound is very good. It is better than a lot of other car audio systems.
As with everything in life, you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
cool!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Markmod1 said:
.... Wouldn't be going anywhere fast this weekend, whilst streetbound I would make the most of all the build up, atmosphere and the race itself... It would be a weekend to remember (especially if one of our lads wins) the final icing on a fab summer of cycling!

Have you seen a road race before tweeter, it's an amazing sight and the speed is unbelievable!
I saw the tail end of the trials last year and it looked brilliant. I have sadly never been much of a spotty person but running, cycling and swimming interest me I just never understood ball sports.

·
Registered
525 Posts
tweeter1980 said:
Markmod1 said:

Have you seen a road race before tweeter, it's an amazing sight and the speed is unbelievable!
I saw the tail end of the trials last year and it looked brilliant. I have sadly never been much of a spotty person but running, cycling and swimming interest me I just never understood ball sports.
I'm guessing you meant sporty!

·
Registered
956 Posts
yapmaul said:
tweeter1980 said:
I'm guessing you meant sporty!

See, if the moderators corrected all our spelling mistakes, look at the giggles we'd all miss.

Edited by: clowesa

1 - 20 of 40 Posts