Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hahaha!! yes there might be a few of us girls on here, but i would say at least 70% of you are guys. I dont think the up! is a girly car at all, its just a brilliant car that all can want it!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Definitely think this model's got the best of both worlds, sporty and sexy enough for a big boy's toy but cute and cuddly enough for the girliest of girls and even simple and stylish enough for an old boiler like me for whom the term 'girl' hasn't applied for many, many years

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Up is just a good, economical and comfortable little car which appeals to both ladies and gents. I would be kind of reluctant tobe seen in one though if it had pink seat and steering wheel covers!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Kat2110 said:
Ha ha clowesa , you think just like me

Yeah, but there's life in the old gal yet and as far as I can see, people like you and I are like jokes, the old ones are always the best

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh wash your mouth out !!! girlie car ?? I am a "girl" but would no way drive a girlie car.I think the UP! is for all ages and gender you make it your own............and I have just ordered a wonderful little amp/bass box that can be located under seat or onto back of rear seats to give my baby a little "low down sound"

·
Registered
553 Posts
LMAO,..

Young or old you "girls" just crack me up.......

And just to point out not all the girls are femail!......some of the blokes can be proper girls!! lol.

Edited by: M5 SUT

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes, ill agree with that, some blokes can be big girls sometimes!

·
Registered
160 Posts
We bought the Up! for me. My hubby said didn't really appeal to him andprobably wouldn'tdrive it much! Well that soon changed after a 25mile drive at the weekend .... He was really surprised how well it handled and how much fun he had. He normally drives everywhere now its a case of 'Shall I drive?'.He's got his eye onthe GT model!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GaveUp said:
We bought the Up! for me. My hubby said didn't really appeal to him andprobably wouldn'tdrive it much! Well that soon changed after a 25mile drive at the weekend .... He was really surprised how well it handled and how much fun he had. He normally drives everywhere now its a case of 'Shall I drive?'.He's got his eye onthe GT model!!
That GT looks nice. I hope they don't give it a harsh ride.

·
Registered
213 Posts
luckyjimmy said:
The Up is just a good, economical and comfortable little car which appeals to both ladies and gents. I would be kind of reluctant to be seen in one though if it had pink seat and steering wheel covers!
( hangs head in shame ) my old fiat had pink seat covers and a pink steering wheel . My area manager was highly embarrased when i picked him up at the train station. Begged me not to tell anyone hehehe

·
Registered
619 Posts
Kat2110 said:
luckyjimmy said:
The Up is just a good, economical and comfortable little car which appeals to both ladies and gents. I would be kind of reluctant tobe seen in one though if it had pink seat and steering wheel covers!
( hangs head in shame ) my old fiat had pink seat covers and a pink steering wheel . My area manager was highly embarrased when i picked him up at the train station. Begged me not to tell anyone hehehe

I saw a Ford Ka at my local supermarket with pink seat and steering wheel covers -the carwas also painted 'Pink Panther' pink. I hope no one has similar ideas for the Up! I think I would have to wear a disguise.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I consider myself a very macho type of man. I served in the Royal Marines for a lot of years, six of them in SBS. My brand spanking new Up White is just the job for me nowadays, it suits me at age 82 and a bit. I had a couple of the packages added and I love it. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. The only item I didn't want was the sunroof because sunroofs and baldy bonces don't compliment each other at all.

Oh yes I also spent some years as a driving instructor and I imagine some driving schools will be opting for the basicvehicle to teach pupils. It should be suitable for girls and boys of any age. Besides they can be modified to suiteither sex.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Had a visit from my 18 year old grand-daughter yesterday, she passed her test first time about twelve months ago. She had a sit inside my Up!White and immediately stated "This is a lad's car"!

When I was showing her all the modern conveniences she just kept saying "Shurrup!" which I think is the new expression that teenagers use when they don't believe anything. It seems to be in Liverpool anyway.

So there you have it from a modern young miss... It's a lad's car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm 21 and I love it, I was tempted by the fiat 500 at first for I suppose you could say the "cute" factor, but then I saw the up which was cute but being a car nerd for a girl, the performance side of things, I went for the up.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Please just don't post any pics with eyelashes on their up or I may have to be ill!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
sorryi have some lashes to go on first thing so this one is a girlie car :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's a fiat 500 round the corner from my house, never sure what to make of them. The girliest car we had was an old style vw bug, yellow with the "mine" and birds vinyl wrap in white, v.pretty but our dd refused to drive it unless it was dark :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts