Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just received my High Up. All is fine apart from the huge space between the wheels and the arches. I have seen other up's with smaller wheels without this problem. Heritage Yeovil havent replied to my request for clarification. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
97 Posts

I think you may find that this is quite normal until everything settles down after a few hundred miles. Is the fuel tank full for example? If not, the extra weight of 8 gallons of petrol (1 gallon of water weighs 10llbs) is the same as carrying someone dainty in the boot.

Compare my "lowered by 15mm" Greentech (or BlueMotion Tech in VW speak) Skoda Citigo to an ordinary (non BT) VW up! and you'll see that there's not much difference especially when you consider that both cars in the photo have 15" wheels/tyres. My car was only 3 weeks old when I took this photo but even now 15 months later, I haven't yet covered 2,000 miles so at the time of the photo it had probably only done 500 miles at most.

Although this is a large photo, it looks small in this post and sadly, clicking on it doesn't make it any larger.

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HiI must admit your picture above shows a pretty big gap too. Tank is full, I'd be surprised if the height dropped over time. A few friends noticed the big space around the rear wheels too although I can't imagine there is an incorrect setting?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Robbyrook said:
Although this is a large photo, it looks small in this post and sadly, clicking on it doesn't make it any larger.
If you're using Firefox, you can right-click the photo and select "View Image".

Alternatively, click here(in any browser)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Click link in my signature.
See photos of my up! ... (page 2and 3) ...

It is a high up! with Spoke alloys, too.
You might not see it as good (as mine is black), but it is normal!
Mine has extra ordered AllSeason tyres, but the same size as normal...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
97 Posts
+2/3 e said:
Robbyrook said:
If you're using Firefox, you can right-click the photo and select "View Image". Alternatively, click here(in any browser)
Thank you +2/3 e! I do use FireFox and it worked a treat. One really does learn something every day.

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
957 Posts
Just looked at mine and after 14 months I have a large gap like yours. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Just looked at mine for the first time and it looks the same as your photo.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I find larger wheels exaggerate arch gaps as there is less tyre height (to keep rolling radius the same). The arch clearance stays the same, but the eye compares the two so the arch gap appears larger.Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi,
Just looked at mine and after 3 months I have a large gap like yours. Don't worry about it
Phill.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My gap looks a smidge smaller - but almost nothing in it. I have spoked alloys too and at least 3 quarters in my tank.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My High Up! is exactly the same.

What you see beneath the rear arch appears so much more pronounced due to the Up's lack of rear wheel arch liners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts