• No, This is my 10th or more new car

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first car from new, until the up I could never really justify the costs involved, before my up! the newest car I had was a Nissan Almera 3 year old at time of purchase,

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
First new car was a Peugeot 205 GTI Aug 1st 1986 costing £6500 on the road!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Due to off the court depreciation, I always buy demonstrators... the only times I have bought brand new are for new model like this... normally I go for 3 to 6 months old from the dealer's stock of demos.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have to admit I am on 13 new cars

Although I tend to go for the best deal I can find by spamming dealers up and down the country and choose cars thatdeprecate slowly.

·
Registered
727 Posts
spud said:
This is my first car from new, until the up I could never really justify the costs involved, before my up!

I've owned a lot of used vehicles in my day and even several low milage demos but not only is this my first "new" car it's the only car I ever actually ordered with the options that I wanted (which turned out to be all of them)..! Plus the up! is also the first car I paid cash for (not counting the low priced junkers).

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Second new car. My first car was a 4 year old Micra, cost £4,000, lasted 4 years. Next was a new Ford Ka, cost £6,000, lasted 10 years. The cost per year servicing for the Ka was much lower for the first 6 or 7 years, so the new car worked out much cheaper overall. Third car is an Up, not sure how long I will keep it. I do 20,000 miles per year at the moment, so it might be better to sell after 4 years, to maximise the return, and minimise servicing costs.

I don't know why people say buying used is best.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My Up is the second new car I've owned. My first new car was a Renault Clio, which I held on to for four and a half years. I could have run this car for a few more years but, due to some impending large maintenance bills, I decided to put the money towards a new car (VW Up).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Voted 1st new car here. I have always said I would never buy a new car since the value goes down too much. Especially so in Denmark where most new cars have an added tax of 180%.

For economic cars like the UP it is however "only" 105%. So it was time to try something new.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My first brand new car. Traded in my £60k (when new with extras) Mercedes for it. At least these
Ittle ups can't haemorrhage that much over time

·
Registered
532 Posts
First new car Fiat uno 45 hp FIRE 4,500 1986 205,000 miles written off by another family member.Second Fiat panda 2005 removed from family by the family member, still going strong owned by friend
Third big expensive thing.
Fourth first new VW after beetle 1971, golf mk1, polo mk1, passat mk1.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
sparvath said:
Voted 1st new car here. I have always said I would never buy a new car since the value goes down too much. Especially so in Denmark where most new cars have an added tax of 180%.

For economic cars like the UP it is however "only" 105%. So it was time to try something new.

Bloody ****...so what is the euro cost of an Up with tax in Denmark?? & why such high tax??

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If that is with tax, why are we not importing cars from denmark to the uk and only paying 20%

or is the danish tax payable when they enter denmark?

I think most of europe has base prices of cars such that they are similar AFTER tax nowadays.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My third

An Astra back in the day and a Clio when they first came out

·
Registered
19 Posts
My first car was a P reg Pug 106,in which I learnt to drive,My second car was a two month old 05 reg Lupo,which I have had for seven years,making the High UP! which I have on order is my first new car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This my second new car, replaces a Citroen C1 which was my first new car, which has done me very well for five years
but really looking forward to my little up!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not long now Bluebottle, I'm sure all your dreams will come true on the 1st

1 - 20 of 24 Posts