Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the forums fault, as after casually browsing all the posts and images for the last week I thought I might just call in at my local VW dealer just to have a look to see what all the fuss was about (you know what it's like!) Anyway after a test drive (Tornado Red High up! Red / Cornsilk With sensor pack) I was hooked. But I thought I would only sign up if they gave me a good part ex (they did which I was surprised about, especially as it will be over two months before they get the car) and only if the finance payments were affordable (they were). It's at this point I was finding fewer reasons not to sign (plus I have owned my Smart fortwo nearly 3 years so another reason to change)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
So I will soon be the proud owner of a High up! Tornado Red, Red/Cornsill Dash, Polka Salsa Red/Grey Seats, I got the dealer to throw in the sound pack, mats and 3 years servicing, plus a small discount on the list price, which did not seem too bad overall (end of the month so they were quite keen to make a deal).No build date as yet, but they did indicate approximately 8-9 weeks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many
thanks for the welcome.
I must admit it will be a little frustrating waiting
for it to turn up whilst reading about everybody else picking up their new cars
and seeing pics in the gallery, but hopefully it should be warm and sunny when it's
delivered (surely!)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there M5 SUT<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

To be honest I am not far from you, I live in Idle (hence my forum name ""idletony""�
it's not that I am lazy like some people think it means) which if you travel
down the Aire valley towards Leeds you pass through Keighley, Bingley, Saltaire,
Shipley then Idle is on the outskirts of Bradford just before the Leeds boundary.

I have read a few of your posts and it is obvious you are
desperate for it to be delivered! Let's hope it won't be much longer.

Edited by: idletony

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Welcome Tony!!

Youve ordered pretty much the same car as me... the only difference is I have ordered the pano roof and the spare wheel! So hi5 on the choice!! :)

I havent seen the colour scheme in realy life only in pictures, i test drove a black take up, but the fact you chose the same colour as you ordered makes me even more sure I made the right choice!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Willowaz<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Nice to know we have the same taste in up's! I originally
went in looking for a move up! But after the test drive in the high up! Demo car
with the red / cornsill / salsa trim, I decided to spend the extra. You will
not be disappointed with the interior it felt really light and airy and with the
addition of your panoramic sunroof it will be even better. Great choice!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Thanks! - Great minds think alike!!

Really excited about getting it, have to wait until early/mid June still... did you also find it to be nippy enough to pull away at busy junctions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found the up! To be nippy enough around town (and a quick
blast down a dual carriageway) but I did notice I had to give it a few revs at
busy junctions to pull out quickly (I nearly got caught out at the first time).
My Smart does ""take off""� pretty quick at junctions considering it's an auto, so
it maybe wasn't a fair comparison . I can't remember the mileage on the demo
car so don't know if the engine was still a bit tight. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new car. I'm not too far away from you myself & hoping to pick my car up from Leeds VW around mid June so may see you around and about some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts