Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now things are getting exciting. Received a call this morning from my dealer to say the car is built and I will be in it end of this month 馃榿

Registered
Up! GTI Tungsten Silver w/ Black Rood (On Order)
Great news that yours is on the way :)

Out of interest how long have you been waiting since you ordered? I ordered my GTI a couple of weeks ago and the dealer have just given me the blanket '6 months' estimation as they have no idea how long it's going to take.
I'll still be getting it however long it takes it would just be good to know how long others have waited 馃榿

Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news that yours is on the way :)

Out of interest how long have you been waiting since you ordered? I ordered my GTI a couple of weeks ago and the dealer have just given me the blanket '6 months' estimation as they have no idea how long it's going to take.
I'll still be getting it however long it takes it would just be good to know how long others have waited 馃榿
Thanks getting quite excited now. Like you our dealer could not be certain of a delivery date. In fact I think March 2022 was penciled in. We ordered ours on the 6th September. The dealer told me today its waiting at the port in Germany to board the ship. So actually if they deliver end of November. This being the date the dealer is aiming for. That is only 2 months 馃槷. Its not like we ordered a car with no options either. We have gone for some nice toys.

It would not surprise me if you also get a surprise. Fingers crossed for you.

Registered
Up! GTI Tungsten Silver w/ Black Rood (On Order)
Thanks getting quite excited now. Like you our dealer could not be certain of a delivery date. In fact I think March 2022 was penciled in. We ordered ours on the 6th September. The dealer told me today its waiting at the port in Germany to board the ship. So actually if they deliver end of November. This being the date the dealer is aiming for. That is only 2 months 馃槷. Its not like we ordered a car with no options either. We have gone for some nice toys.

It would not surprise me if you also get a surprise. Fingers crossed for you.
I bet you're excited! I've just looked and my dealer has put June 2022 on my order form so I'm praying it's not that long 馃槚

2 months is a really good turnaround! I was hoping the options wouldn't make too much of a difference as I've spec'd mine quite highly, too. You've either been lucky there or things aren't quite as bad as the dealers think (I'm hoping it's the latter). Maybe I'll get a nice surprise for Christmas 馃

Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard that as the UP GTI is not as high tech as the supertech cars it gives it an advantage from a delivery point of view.

Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So today I鈥檓 told the car is in the Volkswagen UK port. I don鈥檛 know where that is or how long it鈥檚 been there. And I don鈥檛 know when it will arrive at the dealership. I think the dealers claim to have me in it by the end of November is going to be tough to meet in my opinion.

Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

Car has arrived with the dealer and Im collecting it on Sunday. 馃槂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts