Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well took a little drive out to just happen to go past the dealers and they were still open so we pulled in and there was my vw dealer man and i bet he thought i'd come along for a moan by the look on his face loland i said ive come to see my car ....so here it is

all correct this time

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not ready yet,it arrived on the 29th August but i was away on holidayuntill yesterday so it'sgot to be registered and taxed and all the stuff they do to get it ready for the road ...think it must of been brought here backwards, as there was all flies on the back window and its filthy !!! but its got the right dash colour and seats and the winter pack so let's hope its got the added extras too on saturday they have promised me ??
Edited by: littleredcar

·
Registered
79 Posts
I never understand why it takes so long for them to deal with a new car, what can they have to do? I'd want it now, it has a registration, it's on it, how long can it take to clean it?

Do you know what they are giving you?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My dealer had mine a week before they would let me collect

I don't blame you checking all is A Ok before collection

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't blame him for checking either under the circumstances.

I still don't see why it takes them a week, I know it does, but it doesn't take that long to make one from scratch, they only have to clean it and check everything works, my 44 ton trucks are far more complicated than an Up and my daily checks don't take a week!

I'm just fed up because I was supposed to get mine Saturday but it's apparently rusting away in a port somewhere!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I completely agree! Especially when they are reports on here about cars being turned around in a day! A week is just a joke, the car must sit there 95% of time doing nothingEdited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
79 Posts
I guess that they have lots of things to do and they prioritise, they obviously don't work on it for a week, they know it's coming and they insure it so they can tax it in advance, no need to wait really.

I do know that many new cars suffer damage in transit that needs to be corrected though!

I'm almost tempted to give up on mine, they can't tell me what the problem is, where it is or when I'll get it, it's been so long since the test drive I've forgotten what it was like!

Anyway, if I'd seen mine today, all ready to go, and I'd been waiting for it since March, I'd want it tomorrow, couldn't wait until Saturday!
Edited by: matt-drummer

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looks very nice!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
At last....looks great, starting to really love red.....perhaps for a GT?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts