Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth getting Maps and more? please can anyone tell me how they are getting on with theirs and if its any good?

·
Registered
12 Posts
is it worth? I think it's a MUST!

In my country (Slovenia), just one ticket for using mobile phone while driving (without propper gear) is more than MM.

+ I really like my music stored in SD and got used to trip computer.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
There is actually a while section of this forum on maps and more, might be worth a browse. Or even the search function for more specific things.
That said. IMHO. Yes. Entirely worth it, even through it's faults.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree. I think for the money it is an absolute must. Certainly glad of mine, especially the hands free phone. Navigation is also very good --- and I play with the blue motion trainer.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Definitely, I wouldn't be without it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Judged for what it is (middling satnav, phone/bluetooth connectivity, few extra dials) it is quite expensive, but considering it is on a car options list where something silly like a DAB module can often cost £400 then it's suspiciously good value.

It works well too. The only downside is having to constantly fit and remove it if you're concerned about it going walkies.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think it's an absolute bargain! As said it is a pain dismantling it every time you leave your vehicle, and then re-building it when you get back in. Having said that, the pro's definitely out way the cons! It has so many features like rear parking sensor info/distance, Blue motion training, temp/fuel gauges etc. It also handles upto 2 mobile phones, Bluetooth music, picture viewer, door open warning (with a nice 3D roof view) and of course satnav. You can go onto the Navigon website and download software like 'City View' 'Road sign alert' , 'Curve Warning' etc and much more. Obviously they aren't too cheep ( £10 to £100 for the Motorhome & Caravan software) but it's much more customisable than my Garmin!. Just make sure that you confirm that the software is compatible with your device (Navigon 70 Premium / VW Maps & More).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well worth buying and is essentially a free option as the £300 outlay when you buy you will get back at trade in, as currently a up! with Maps&More gets £300 more than one without. If you go on finance it also adds around £290 to the residual value. I don't use the navigation element much, but the media player/trip computer/bluetooth phone elements are used on a daily basis.

·
Registered
851 Posts
jezyg said:
Well worth buying and is essentially a free option as the £300 outlay when you buy you will get back at trade in, as currently a up! with Maps&More gets £300 more than one without. If you go on finance it also adds around £290 to the residual value. I don't use the navigation element much, but the media player/trip computer/bluetooth phone elements are used on a daily basis.
Do you insert and remove your m&m every day then? Or do you garage your car at night?

·
Registered
198 Posts
As others have said, it is a must and well worth it, although it came included in the high up.

It is not perfect, but neither was the bluetooth phone connection on my previous fiesta.

I simply put the m&M in the glove box and leave the stalk in place.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I leave my stalk in place as well, but take the device out (if its not in the garage)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Depends on where I am. In the drive I'll leave it in place, at work I may remove the screen (depending on where I park) but anywhere else I'll hide the stalk as well.

Dealer even advised popping the little cover back on top the dash if I was parking in a really dodgy area as apparently thieves get to know the cars with removable satnavs and take a punt if they think one might be left inside. The exposed pogo pin contacts kind of give this away.

I'm not that paranoid though and thankfully live in an area where this kind of thing isn't really a concern

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another recommend for M&M.

It does have its faults (you only have to look at the M&M sub-forum to see that) but it's very helpful in the car - satnav is quite user friendly once you've figured it out, car info interesting (I got an indicated 65.2 mpg on a long run earlier in the week!) and useful (200 miles until I need to fill up!), hooks up well with phones and provides better control over the various media sources. Plus, you never have to worry about charging it or having wires trailing around the car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
AlanG said:
jezyg said:
Do you insert and remove your m&m every day then? Or do you garage your car at night?

It was garaged every night until we got our new second car, now it is parked on a stone area at the front of the house. So I just remove the main unit and leave the stalk in. At work it is a secure underground car park so just leave it in. I only fully remove it any put the blanking plate in when parking up out an about.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I always take mine out just in case. I know it sounds paranoid but I don't really trust anyone where I live (I had someone keep letting my 2 cars tyres down & scratches on them until I bought a security camera) & cars have been broken into at work aswell, so I'm not risking it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts