Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm chuffed to bits now, I've just posted my first ever post on a forum. I can't wait to get my UP! and I've gone over the top in the specs. My trade in is worth £16,000 and I've blown the lot on my High Up! Everything except the City Emergency Braking has been ordered. I've just a few questions if anyone can help?

I've ordered the two side skirts, the front and rear skirts and the rear spoiler. I'd love to see any members pics of them if there are any, any views or comments would be appreciated too. Can the front and rear mudflaps that I've ordered too, be fitted with the side skirts? On my Mondeo Sport they can't, hence my query.

I've sourced, thanks to the forum, the steering wheel Up! logo that is only available on the Black and White limited edition models. That will be ordered tomorrow.

I've bought an Armster Armrest too, £100 off eBay. Looks great, any views and comments or problems would be appreciated again. I hope it doesn't interfere with the operation of the handbrake.

I've also bought a KUDA PhoneBase, the one that fits under the radio. Another £33 off eBay from Germany. Anyone had any experiences with this piece of kit? It requires the radio to be slid out a bit with the aid of the two little tools. Are they included with the car or do they have to be bought separate?

I've ordered the spare wheel too, does it come with the jack and tool kit? I would imagine so.

Thanks to anyone that can help, I'll sign off for now because I don't want to go on too much if I'm doing something wrong. I'll be ordering my Up! Owners Club stickers as soon as they are back in stock.

Cheers all..

·
Registered
592 Posts
Armster armrest is OK with handbrake but does need to be tilted up too engage/disengage seat belts.Tool kit and jack are included.

That's all I can help you with.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Can't help with the kuda but I currently use a brodit bracket..here is a picture:-

I've just ordered a mountek 5000 cd bracket to try as well so will post images of this when it arrives, I like the phone handy as i listen to internet radio a lot (advantage of unlimited 3G data)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Brodit kits are the best as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Brodit stuff is certainly pretty solid and NO damage to the car at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi privatedoc, Thanks for your reply and the picture of the Brodit ProClip looks very tidy indeed. I have one of these on order too from DSL and are waiting for it to arrive. I'm the sort of person that likes to try every solution available before settling on one. If I've done it right, there should be a photo of the KUDA PhoneBase I have on its way from Germany. I have read that sometimes having the phone so close to the radio causes interference and some Up! drivers have to stash their phone in the rear cup holder between the seats. Do you have any problems or is it that older phone buzzing sound you used to get? I love your white dash, very nice.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
No Problems with interference at all, the mountek mount clips into the cd drive (I never use cd's anyway....got a 32 Gb card in the M&M should arrive from usa in next day or two, will post pic when it does

Kuda looks neat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just googled the mountek devices and they look pretty good. I look forward to your review once yours is fitted. It looks such a good idea and I'd have never thought of that in a million years. I didn't even know about the KUDA PhoneBase until recently. I thought Brodit were the only manufacturer of this kind of vehicle specific device mounting kit. I've spent a small fortune over the years on Brodit kit for different cars and different bits of tech. I might have to get one of these on order too but I'll wait until your review. Thanks agin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts