Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else bought through JCT in York. We ordered my Groove Up in August and if it wasn't for the tracking link posted on the forum and regular calls we have made to the dealer, we'd have no idea what was going on. We know the car is in Grimsby, it landed last week and the VW site quotes 10 days from that point. We rang JCT this afternoon and they've not even booked transportation for it so for sure it's not going to be ready in the 10 days. When we rang they had no idea what was going on and said they would call back. Worryingly we've had an email since confirming the order and suggesting we look at the accessories so we can order them and have them factory fitted - unlikely to be happening as it apparently left the factory 3 weeks ago!

Wondered if anyone else had similar experiences?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought from that branch but was happy to have one that was standard and already built- but in transit. I recall it was about 3 weeks from reserve to pick up. What they forgot to do when I collected it was give me my maps and more - I had to point it out, and the free mats that had been agreed. But all sorted before leaving garage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar experience with Lightcliffe VW in Warrington. Their communication with the customer leaves a lot to be desired. It took two weeks before I even got the order number; this was after the sales guy promising to get it to metwo days later and me having to chase it up.Had it not been for them trying to shoehorn the sale into their April numbers I expect it'd have taken an age to get it. Even then I had to phone them to get updates on the progress and confirm the handover day.

This isn't an isolated incident either; between us my wife and I have bought three cars from there (2 Golfs and my up!). If it wasn't for the fact that it's so convenient we wouldn't go back. But then again for a country that supposedly has a "service" economy, in my experience service in this country is generally lacklustre.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lightcliffe Warrington! Say no more! When I went to look at and test drive an Up the salesman was worse than useless! I was sat there for hours. He couldn't even make a decision to pick his own nose without dissappearing to see his manager for half an hour! Totally useless! I walked out in the end I wouldnt go back if it was the last VW dealer in the country!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After getting somewhat grumpy with them, my Groove Up appeared at the dealer this afternoon and apparently I can pick it up on Friday afternoon. Intrigued by the news that all I need to do is hand over the money - no need to do anything else, like insure it, before I drive it away on Friday!?!

·
Registered
540 Posts
VW will offer 7 day insurance allowing you to source your own (they will encourage you to get theirs but 9/10 you'll get it cheaper elsewhere).

But as always, if in doubt, ask. :)

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi all, you talk about lightcliff warrington, stay clear. Had the worst experience ever in all my years of car ownership.
Never again, even VW couldn't sort it, i did it myself. Talk about waiting, you sit on sofas where everyone sits,no one knows anything.
I must have waited in total, 48 hours just to buy a car. I lost my temper once told them to forget it.They soon came running out the paint work to accommodate me. they have people walking past you and you wonder where they're
going. The salesmen are a joke. I could write ten pages about them but it will wind me up. After purchasing two Ups, I was told nothing but lies, so desided to return both cars for a refund in full. They couldn't even find were my px had gone it's a joke of a place
In the end went to VW chester inchcape, they were fab, no problems. Told them what I wanted, two weeks later they rang me up to say they're ready for pick up. No problems, just a fantastic company to deal with. Hope this helps.
Kind regards phill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts