Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Robert... and welcome! if you're going for those colours, I'm guessing you want to go for the paint option that doesn't cost... my personal opinion is red... but if you wanna pay... candy white... if you wanna pay some more... black!!

its up to you though, age is just a number :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome Robert. Age has nothing to do with choice of colour or model. As long as you are driving an Up! you will have loads of pleasure. I must admit the Mayan blue is a lovely colour.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I'm 41 and just got my Mayan blue 5dr recently so I am biased (pics in the gallery section
) and the fact its a NO COST option was a bonus

I LOVE the colour, so much so its on the dash too

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I'm 50 and if mayan was about when we bought, it would have been that....though white is pretty nice!......lots of red about...be different! and don't be a stranger on the forum.....we are a pretty friendly bunch here

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep, I am a fan of the Mayan Blue, that would have been the colour I would have went for, had they not of offered me such a good price on the Tungsten one I bought

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm just over 60 and recently picked up a Mayan Blue High Up with Mayan Blue dash. Apart from being a no cost option, I think it looks really good in sunlight, nice, bright and cheerful, no problem in locating it a car park either. I gave a friend in it and they were as impressed as I am

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Any youngsters with mayan blue?? Or is it an old folki colour!!

Jokes please dont take offence

·
Registered
18 Posts
32 with a 3dr Mayan Blue up! I didn't really know what to expect as I bought it based on only having seen the little colour swatch in the brochure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
In my opinion monotonous colours like silver and anything from the grey palette should be a thing of the past! There are way too much from those colours around, at least in my country, and it's really boring!

Unless you're lazy or have no time to clean and take care of the paint (colorful paints tend to become dirty more quickly), take a colorful choice! They are way more happy and will make you admire your car every time you get for a ride. Even when dirty they pop out from the "grey mass".

I say this coming from a red car. All my friends have grey gamma cars and mine was always the prettiest and the one taking more attention. I would say it even adds more resale value.

I'm 23 and I see nothing bad or ridiculous about older people getting colorful cars. Personally I will never buy a black/white/grey car in my entire life!

·
Registered
149 Posts
In answer to your original post, Mayan blue is my choice. But it's not about Mii, it's UP! to you. In all seriousness, the Mayan blue is a great colour considering it's one of the no-cost option colours. Get's my vote. Zimbo's looks the dog's danglies. Very cool. I'd get the high-up! with those brilliant alloys he's got. And the sensor pack.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think a red High Up! + sport pack with the black triangle wheels, dark roof lining and dark windows would look amazing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
SDL1409 said:
I think a red High Up! + sport pack with the black triangle wheels, dark roof lining and dark windows would look amazing.

Have that exact spec car ourselves apart from the dark head lining

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mike A said:
SDL1409 said:

Have that exact spec car ourselves apart from the dark head lining

Your car looks really good Mike. I like it a lot.
I wasn't a big fan of solid colours until my wife got her new car in a solid colour and it looks really good. I think they need to be polished regularly to keep them looking their best.

·
Registered
36 Posts
SDL1409- that is what I have ordered but with chrome too. In fact it's being built this week! Exciting! I did debate blue though but red won. I love bright colours too (aged 31!). Life's to short to be boring!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well. I've made my decision. Mayan Blue. There are two reds and three whites near me. Think a blue needs to be added to the mix. No Mayans about here yet.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Hi Robert,

Good choice bud!

Now all you need to do is get the others to join you and do this???

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/kuKYtRuDiuw[/TUBE]

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
34 Posts
NDG said:
SDL1409- that is what I have ordered but with chrome too. In fact it's being built this week! Exciting! I did debate blue though but red won. I love bright colours too (aged 31!). Life's to short to be boring!
NDG - your car will look great and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. I would have had a red one but because I couldn't wait for a factory order (I needed to get a car quickly) there weren't any red ones with the black seats. So my choices were the two silvers or black. So I went for Tungsten Silver. I always think how nice it looks and don't think it's a boring colour
Mine was already built but sat in the port of Emden. It took about 3 weeks to make its way to the dealer and be ready for me. So I guess you've probably got a month to wait??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts