Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have just put the deposit down on a Move Up! with maps + more, alloys and blue metallic paint. I thinkI got quite a good deal as it's from stock at the dealers and the monthly's on PCP are pretty good. Picking it up as soon as the alloys arrive next week.

I was looking to get a High, but with a 6-7 week wait I opted for the Move instead, which is available now.

I've bought it as I have a 50 mile round trip commute for work and drive a 25 year old Porsche, so for the cost of the petrol in the Porsche I am paying finance and petrol for the Up!
It does seem a bit mad to buy anothercar (we already have 3 - the Porsche, the wife's Merc ML and a classic Mini Cooper), but it will keep the miles off the Porsche (which has 150k on the clock anyway).

So does anyone else use their for a longish motorway commute?

Will

·
Registered
296 Posts
Will be using mine which was delivered on 1 November for run to work three times a week [I am part-time and semi-retired]. Will be doing round trip of approx 40 miles mainly on urban motorway. Had the car down there yesterday no problems - OK still limiting myself to a maximum of 60 for a couple of weeks. Also will be adding some miles town driving doing pastoral visits. BUT only for another 4 months before full retirement kicks in.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Use mine for a 66 mile daily commute.... no problem at all

Cruises easily around 70mph.Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
523 Posts
Don't worry about it cruising, it goes just fine. Mine did bham to nurburgring in a day with ease :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked it up last night, and I'm surprised how well it handled the motorway this morning. Really like the m+m system I'm not sure I could live without that.

I really like the colour (midnight Blue Metallic) and not seen any others in this colour option. Just waiting for the alloys from VW which should be here early next week. I will post pics once the alloys are on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Done just short of 500 miles since last Friday. Loving it. Engine surprisingly flexible and not at all as noisy as some folk on the forum suggest. Certainly not strange noises from clutch or gears. Filled tank on delivery and did 384 miles before needing to top up - somewhere approaching 53 m.p.g. Is coping quite comfortably at 60 on motorways now. Still think I will take it in at about 1200 miles for an oil change. Feels far roomier than the Ford KAs we have run for past 15 years. Very good mirrors and relatively small blind spot looking over your shoulders. Only snag so far is lack of volume on voice on Satnav. Also miss the wee hook Ford had inside the filler cap to hang key and filler cap on so it doesn't hang against the body. One self adhesive hook on the shopping list.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
-eelis- said:
Before you do this huge investment, if I remember right, you can put the filler cap on top of the filler door, at least I saw a picture of this on manual. That said, I haven't verified this...

-eelis-
Absolutely correct. Try turning the radio volume button up next time you are receiving instructions. Mine comes through loud and clear even with the radio off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My only complaint it that I have already chipped the inside paint on the door when taking the seatbelt off! I think I'm going to have to get some clear vinyl film to protect it, or stop throwing the seat belt off in such a dramatic fashion...

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Hi will, yes I do a commute/school run etc of around 70-100 miles a day 30k miles in 13and a bit months....fantastic wee car, drive like a granny and you can get 70's+ mpg, drive like a porsche and you can still get 50+mpg !!!

ps, sat nav voice, turn up radio volume when it is speaking....simples

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Privatedoc said:
Hi will, yes I do a commute/school run etc of around 70-100 miles a day 30k miles in 13and a bit months....fantastic wee car, drive like a granny and you can get 70's+ mpg, drive like a porsche and you can still get 50+mpg !!!

ps, sat nav voice, turn up radio volume when it is speaking....simples

That's the thing though Doc, I have been driving the Porsche like a granny to get 27 mpg out of it!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discovered that there is within the Navigation - Settings - a volume control.
However when I went to register my device the Website did not respod tyo my unit. Phoned helpline and ended up having to delete and reinstall all the software - took 5 hours. Still didn't work so had to repeat the process. It is now registered and updated. Sadly Navigon do not have a free telephone line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts