Up Owners Club banner

Just Idle Chit-chat (English)

961 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Leif 
#1 ·
I'm not trying to be funny or up!set anyone but I have been looking/ruminating at the heading to the forums. Shouldn't the "up owners club" wording have an apostrophe included so that it reads "up owners' club"? I would also like to see the word"up" in capital letters, to make it stand out more.

See less See more
#2 ·
you might be right about the apostrophe, however the up! is officially supposed to be in lower case with the exclaimation mark after it...

#4 ·
This is very sad of me but I thought I'd google this to see what came up and I can't really see a definitive answer. There are lots of owners clubs listed, some with an apostrophe and some without and even the answers to the grammatical/punctuation question are conflicting.

Mind you, the rules of punctuation that I was taught at school many many years ago seem to have changed somewhat and much of what I've read online gives the impression that these days, anything goes

So, basically I'm no wiser now than I was when I read your post bingalau, except I do know that, as willowaz said, up! is definitely officially lower case followed by the exclamation mark.

Thanks for the post and making me think

#5 ·
Bingalau said:
I'm not trying to be funny or up!set anyone but I have been looking/ruminating at the heading to the forums. Shouldn't the "up owners club" wording have an apostrophe included so that it reads "up owners' club"? I would also like to see the word"up" in capital letters, to make it stand out more.
I think you could say "Up owners' club" indicating ownership of the club, but I think you could also say "Up owners club" indicating a club for up owners.

I call it an Up. Not an up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.