Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just picked up my Move Up! BlueMotion yesterday, light blue in colour.
Since I only really do the commute to work, I needed something that was smaller, fun to drive and also incredibly cheap to run. The Up really ticks all those boxes. Obviously not in a position quite yet to comment on whether the BlueMotion really delivers the economy it promises, as I have only just done a smidge over ten miles in it (although not noticed the fuel needle really move and it's a much smaller fuel tank than I am used to, so that's encouraging), but so far I am really impressed. It really oozes a lot of quality for a relatively cheap car.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
hello and welcome........I came from a 1.8 Kompressor merc engine and regularly get OVER double the mpg......Still Amazes me....lets see some photos of your new baby in the gallery section.

Have a browse about the fora - loads of great info here

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Privatedoc said:
hello and welcome........I came from a 1.8 Kompressor merc engine and regularly get OVER double the mpg......Still Amazes me....lets see some photos of your new baby in the gallery section.
Thank you.
Still a bit blown away about just how affordable this motor is.
Have gone from £190 a year tax (of which I will get 6 months back - woohoo!) to £0 tax and have dropped to Insurance Group 1.

Will get a picture up later - as the only picture I have exceeds the upload limit!

Privatedoc said:
Have a browse about the fora - loads of great info here

Cheers, have been doing so, and have already contributed to a few polls.. Seems like a really friendly site so pleased to be a member!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
What I love is the 'perceived' quality, ie it just doesn't feel like a cheap car esp when cruising up the motorway. I liked it so much I bought 2 and will be ordering a third as soon as the GT is available.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Privatedoc said:
What I love is the 'perceived' quality, ie it just doesn't feel like a cheap car esp when cruising up the motorway. I liked it so much I bought 2 and will be ordering a third as soon as the GT is available.

There is quality throughout to be honest (I also test drove a Toyota Aygo and whilst it was... ok.. it smelt a bit cheap - the glove box door was an optional extra), from the satisfying sound the doors make when closed, to the classy white instrument display..

I was honestly surprised when I drove the up! for the first time, I was coming from a 1.6 16v Golf and yet whilst I am not blinkered enough to say there was "no difference", it was nippier than I would have previously thought.

Got that photo posted in the Gallery section too now (not as scenic as some of the shots on there, will have to park it somewhere a bit more aesthetically pleasing over the weekend!!)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome

And don't expect your needle to move until at about 100 miles (don't get too excited thought, as the gauge is not equal)Edited by: bugbabe34

1 - 7 of 7 Posts