Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
I've just joined the Forum, having browsed it and seen a lot of useful posts. My name is Mike and I'm awaiting delivery of my Move up! It's due by the end of the month from Windrush VW in Slough (excellent). It's quite a change for me as I've been a Volvo (S70 and predecessors) loyalist for over thirty years. The up! is much more appropriate (and economical) for my needs and circumstances now though. I as amused to see in one review that the up! would appeal to young city dwellers and the retired elderly - I fall in the latter category! After a lot of research on a new car my choice was between a Fiat 500 and an up!. The up! was ahead on points in nearly all the categories (as I recall the sole exception was that the F500 scored better on acceleration). I'm looking forward to getting my car and being a member of the Owners Club.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome, look forward to reading about you experiences when you have your gleaming new up!

·
Registered
532 Posts
welcome to the group, and the sub group of patient waiters.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome. What colour and spec did you go for?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your welcoming replies. The spec is standard Move up! with M&M, colour candy white. Just had a call from the dealer, pick it up on Friday!

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's my favourite up, I love mine and I'm sure you will too (yours that is not mine)

I've just come from a Volvo V40 the up is just so much more fun
Edited by: spud

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hello and welcome...you're going to love it, ESP after the Volvo. ( had an 850 T5 yrs ago...brilliant but thirsty++++)

Every day I am amazed at how much dosh I'm saving with my motoring now!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Enjoy!! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it!! Picked it up this morning. I've spent much of the day familiarising myself with it. The high gloss black dash is especially smart. Amazingly on the way to show it to my daughter and son-in-law I passed an identical up! - the first I'd seen on the road! (This was near Wokingham) what a coincidence - we greeted each other. A photo has been taken of my new acquisition and I'll try to post it over the weekend. I'm delighted with my new car

Can someone point me to the instructions for posting a photo please. I did see them but can't find them on here now. ThanksEdited by: Royal Windsor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts