Up Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait begins. I've been told November. 2012 I hope.

dark blue and all the daft bits.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Night blue metallic it's called.I've not been able to find a decent picture of a dark blue car, but hey, off we go!

Also I've not been able to test a high up, I hope the extra power is worth it. I had a go of a take up and it was the ride and solid feel that sold me over a Fiat panda twin air. I hope the engine of the up that I end up with revs like the test version.

The car replaces my dead ducati would you believe. I want something small and fun.

I am looking forward to all the gadgets.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Gadgets are fun and driving is fun! Mine has got better and better and reminds me a bit of what a mini was like to drive (only much improved!). Smile on my face every time I'm out in it

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was a lad I learned to drive in a mini traveller. great thing, much better than bmw's effort. How I wish my father had kept the thing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can remember coming home from pub with three mates on board and holding on to the steering wheel for dear life trying to get the teeny brakes to work. thankfully nothing in the way.

subsequent beetle had terrible brakes, modern cars are just great compared. Brian was a great car though.

Later on we had a mk 1 vw golf with the stupid fuel pump issue. A great polo ranger. That was great I wish I had that still. Passat mark 1 with audi 5 cylinder engine, estate. great car, but spoiled by very low roof after I rolled it into a field with the family on board. Tractor hydraulic oil on the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome .....another forum member in Cumbria. YEAHHHHRoll on November when I can keep an eye out for you on the road. You won`t be disappointed when you get the car, they are really fun to drive.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not driving all the way up there just to wave! i'm in the far, far south. having said that, stranger things have happened when I drove all the way to keswick just to watch a fish eating birdy!

Is it worth the hassle for the high up version? (more money and a great wait!)
Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers.

Mine's an almost black. Quirky interior via daughter's input.
Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi ducatikid,

Great to see another 5 door on order! Unless the 5 door order book has grown significantly in the last month, November sounds a little pessimistic. Mine is now built (5 weeks from order) and due at the dealer in the next 3-4 weeks - so good luck.

As you will see I've ordered a High up! 75 too. I have driven an up! 75 demo and a Citigo 60 and have to say the 75 has noticeable extra ooomph, but as the torque is the same for both engines the power difference is only evident at higher revs.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to have a 45s uno that I revved the bits off from time to time. It's good to have a car that will give of it's best. The uno lasted for 205,000 miles until the ex stuffed it into another car.

All i did for that reliability was rev engine when warm only, change the oil and run it in carefully.

Running it for me includes not labouring the engine, rev it occasionally and rev the bits off it once you've done a few miles. This means the bores are clean from low to high revs, the bores never get washed by unburnt fuel and good fun is had by all.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the news on your car. I'm impatient already.

I went for

Highup BMT 5 door night blue
dark-sliver dash
grey beech polka
Cornsilk
sound pack
assistance pack
sensor pack
fifthwheel
luxury carpets.
standard wheels
Ducati sticker on rear hatch - as 750 ss rear mudguard from the 1970s.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Sounds nice!

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Me too, placed 5 door order this morning....seems the wait is a bit less than a 3 door.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Upmeister said:
Hi ducatikid,

Great to see another 5 door on order! Unless the 5 door order book has grown significantly in the last month, November sounds a little pessimistic. Mine is now built (5 weeks from order) and due at the dealer in the next 3-4 weeks - so good luck.

As you will see I've ordered a High up! 75 too. I have driven an up! 75 demo and a Citigo 60 and have to say the 75 has noticeable extra ooomph, but as the torque is the same for both engines the power difference is only evident at higher revs.

Have you any idea how they build the 5 doors? Do they end up as a batch or are they in with a three door run?

I am praying for sun in November. Sun in October would be a little more likely!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I believe they are the same size, it's just the door configuration that is modified.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts