Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......VW Take up with maps and more. The reason why I went with the basic one was the seat material in my view is actually better in the Taek up than the Move Up!.
I would have liked bluemotion, but reckon if you coasted in neutral down a hill it would switch off the engine which may be dangerous.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's probably not a good idea to coast downhill in neutral anyway. Apart from anything else it uses more fuel. There are plenty of other posts about this. But welcome to the forum! There's lots of useful info and friendly people here.
what colour did you go for?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Wouldn't like to say if the seat material is better but I do love the interior of my Move up! and the BMT is brilliant, I use it all the time (although I don't tend to coast anywhere in neutral so haven't tested your theory).

Which dash/seat combo did you choose?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went for boring white as will contrast with black door handles better than red on honestly thought less to go wrong will stop start always work or get stuck in stop mode in 4 years time when my daughter may be driving the car

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I quite like the idea of a basic model. If I was ever in a position to get a second one for the family, I think it would be the basic model with perhaps the M&M added. Window winders would be a novelty and far less to go wrong

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's what I did when I changed from a Tipo TDI to a basic Cinquecento. But then the luxuries crept in with the replacement Seicento (electric windows, electric power steering, air con, ABS, air bags), and it got worse with the Octavia (climate control).

After having some of these luxuries, it's sometimes difficult to go back to a more spartan set-up. What would life be like without heated door mirrors?

Nick

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, balltofeet

BTW, I believe the BMT will only cut the engine below 5mph, as you are about to stop at the red light, and only if other conditions are met, like you put the car in neutral and release the clutch, and the engine is warm, and the aircon is off, etc. Someone on here will be able to say with more certainty.

·
Registered
604 Posts
move up! said:
I believe the BMT will only cut the engine below 5mph, as you are about to stop at the red light, and only if other conditions are met, like you put the car in neutral and release the clutch, and the engine is warm, and the aircon is off, etc. Someone on here will be able to say with more certainty.

I have the blue motion andoftencoast to the red lights, the engine only cuts out when the car iscompletelystopped, I have also stopped when aircon is on and it does still cut out but the windscreen mists up almostimmediately and it is not easy to demist.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
spud, balltofeet: don't coast, you use more petrol than being in gear but not accelerating. That is because when the car is out of gear, the engine uses fuel to idle. When in gear, but not accelerating, the engine control unit feeds little or no fuel to the cylinders. But it can be quite a good idea to coast out of gear a short way to the lights, with second gear selected, ready to zoom off if the lights change. At least that is what I was taught.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The car mists up because the A/C compressor stops when the engine stops and there will still be condensation on the evaporator coil. This then evaporates as the evaporator heats up and the resultant moisture (humidity) gets blown all over the windscreen through the vent!!

Once the compressor starts again and the evaporator cools back down, it will stop evaporating and condense on the coil again...

The water that condenses on the evaporator coil is collected in a tray and drips down a pipe onto the road. That's why you see water dripping from under the car when the AC is on!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Glad I read that Si. I would of been worried if I'd seen water dripping. Wouldn't of known it was due to the AC Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take up does not have so I will not have to get concerned. However, I am interested in getting door wind deflectors. I ordered today from SEAT Mii rear sun blind at £35 a fraction of the VW sun blind price of £140, but with VW you do get the two rear side windows as well, but not on the SEAT one - anyway those would not fit.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have just done the same and gone for a Take up! in candy white with maps and more and the comfort pack. Would of had A/C if t was an option like on the Mii S I was also considering. But again Ipreferredthe interior and exterior of the up! over the Mii even as a SEAT owner already. One other option I liked on the Mii was the colour pack to add colour coded door handles and wing mirrors oh and wheel trims

1 - 15 of 15 Posts