Up Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just coughed up the £24.99 for the adaptor. Assume I can register for the 1 month free upon arrival of the adaptor. Only ordered it for sound actuator settings. And I’m a fan of the tear wipe function on the wipers. Not sure if this is available or enabled as standard ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just coughed up the £24.99 for the adaptor. Assume I can register for the 1 month free upon arrival of the adaptor. Only ordered it for sound actuator settings. And I’m a fan of the tear wipe function on the wipers. Not sure if this is available or enabled as standard ?
Hi,

Yeah you can just pay for a month and cancel once you have it like you want.

When I booted mine up I found tear wiper was already activated but I've seen others that needed to turn it on, so I assume it depends on what the dealer.

I'd highly recommend changing to "dynamic steering" and throttle respond "direct controlled by position" (or something along those lines). It helps with the feel of the car 👍

I also activated the auto lock which I really like as I'm always driving around/stopping in dodgy areas for work.

·
Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Yeah you can just pay for a month and cancel once you have it like you want.

When I booted mine up I found tear wiper was already activated but I've seen others that needed to turn it on, so I assume it depends on what the dealer.

I'd highly recommend changing to "dynamic steering" and throttle respond "direct controlled by position" (or something along those lines). It helps with the feel of the car 👍

I also activated the auto lock which I really like as I'm always driving around/stopping in dodgy areas for work.
Thanks Tom I will do a search here and read up on dynamic steering and throttle response.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I might just buy it and see how it goes, its only 25 quid and its got to be worth that for the tear wipe and autolock, especially as we have two Up's

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've used Carista on mine - managed to change throttle to direct and sports steering, but nothing else even worked - tried activating teardrop wipe and auto lock when moving, neither of which would activate after enabling in Carista.

Reactions: macp

·
Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might just buy it and see how it goes, its only 25 quid and its got to be worth that for the tear wipe and autolock, especially as we have two Up's
That’s how I saw it too. Mine arrived today ready for when my new car arrives. Last week it was waiting to board the boat in Germany.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found there is hardly anything to change on pre facelift models with Carista - I could change the steering and throttle on mine but that was about it.

Changed the steering to dynamic but it feels pretty notchy until you're over ~65mph then it stiffens up, really annoying because it feels like the cars fighting between soft/hard steering and feels like you're not in control.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Can the temp of the heated seats be raised with Carista or with OBD11? I know the sound actuator loudness can be adjusted, but i am not sure if the heat output of the heated seats can be raised.

I visited a Car Supermarket today. They had an UP GTI in stock and a Picanto GT. I know the seats in my UP GTI are working correctly as i have tested 2 other UPs and the heat output of the seats is the same as mine. Also my VW main dealer said they are working as they should.

However my VW main dealer said even if the heat output could be adjusted they would not be able to do it as VW head office only allow them to change/adjust certain items like the auto locking which they did enable for me some time ago.

While at the Car Supermarket i could not resist testing the seats again in the UP GTI they had for sale. Yes, you guessed it. The heated seats gave same amount of heat as my car. That's 3 cars i have now tested so once again confirmed my seats are working with no faults. However i still say the amount of heat they give out is rubbish. If it was water i would call it tepid certainly not hot. That's the way they are so that's that. Thank goodness the cars heater is excellent, lovely and warm.

I also tried the heated seats in the Picanto which not only has heated seats but a heated steering wheel as well. Were the seats better in the Picanto? NO, they were just as bad. Hardly any heat after 5 minutes, but i could feel a little heat through the steering wheel which was nice. Volvos heated seats are real heated seats, i guess made for the Swedish winters.

I certainly preferred the interior of my UP GTI to the Picanto. The difference in quality is like chalk and cheese.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The seats in our high and Gti give out the same amount and while not as much as my golf mk4 are pretty good, to appreciate them properly you need to take off your coat if your wearing one because extra layers will insulate you from the seat heat, a bit counter intuitive but it's worth putting up with being cold to start with, you'll soon be toasty

·
Registered
406 Posts
The seats in our high and Gti give out the same amount and while not as much as my golf mk4 are pretty good, to appreciate them properly you need to take off your coat if your wearing one because extra layers will insulate you from the seat heat, a bit counter intuitive but it's worth putting up with being cold to start with, you'll soon be toasty

I understand what you mean about having a coat on, but that would only prevent heat from the back rest, not the seat. I only have a short jacket on, not a coat. I only have on thin undies and thin Jeans so i can feel the tiny amount of heat the seats give out.

I have now tested the seats in 4 cars. 3 at dealers and my own and they are all the same so i know without doubt my heated seats are not faulty, they are working as they should. However i still say the amount of heat they give out is not good. The cars heater on the other hand is excellent. Makes the car lovely and warm and after a few minutes makes the inside of the car like a sauna. brilliant.

Re. the auto locking. Why not ask your VW main dealer to enable them for you? Thats what i did and it took them 5 minutes to do and they did it for free.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I understand what you mean about having a coat on, but that would only prevent heat from the back rest, not the seat. I only have a short jacket on, not a coat. I only have on thin undies and thin Jeans so i can feel the tiny amount of heat the seats give out.

I have now tested the seats in 4 cars. 3 at dealers and my own and they are all the same so i know without doubt my heated seats are not faulty, they are working as they should. However i still say the amount of heat they give out is not good. The cars heater on the other hand is excellent. Makes the car lovely and warm and after a few minutes makes the inside of the car like a sauna. brilliant.

Re. the auto locking. Why not ask your VW main dealer to enable them for you? Thats what i did and it took them 5 minutes to do and they did it for free.
I love fettling cars so for 20 quid the Carista is good value for money for me, our local VW dealer has a terrible reputation so won't be going to them unless I absolutely have to!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well that was pretty disappointing, it allows me to change the throttle and steering response on the High and GTi, which as I'm happy with both is a bit pointless, and change some readouts on the Interface and change the soundaktor level, what I really wanted was auto lock and tear wipe but they aren't even on the radar

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's a pity. You could have spent the money on a nice curry instead lol.
If it has such limited use i guess there is no feature on it to raise the temp of the heated sets then?

I do not know your location, but if you are near Gt Manchester i can recommend my VW dealer in Bury. I am sure they would enable the auto locking for you.

·
Registered
VW UP GTI tornado red
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well that was pretty disappointing, it allows me to change the throttle and steering response on the High and GTi, which as I'm happy with both is a bit pointless, and change some readouts on the Interface and change the soundaktor level, what I really wanted was auto lock and tear wipe but they aren't even on the radar
Did you sign up for the 1 month subscription ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts