Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just coughed up the £24.99 for the adaptor. Assume I can register for the 1 month free upon arrival of the adaptor. Only ordered it for sound actuator settings. And I’m a fan of the tear wipe function on the wipers. Not sure if this is available or enabled as standard ?

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Yeah you can just pay for a month and cancel once you have it like you want.

When I booted mine up I found tear wiper was already activated but I've seen others that needed to turn it on, so I assume it depends on what the dealer.

I'd highly recommend changing to "dynamic steering" and throttle respond "direct controlled by position" (or something along those lines). It helps with the feel of the car 👍

I also activated the auto lock which I really like as I'm always driving around/stopping in dodgy areas for work.
Thanks Tom I will do a search here and read up on dynamic steering and throttle response.

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might just buy it and see how it goes, its only 25 quid and its got to be worth that for the tear wipe and autolock, especially as we have two Up's
That’s how I saw it too. Mine arrived today ready for when my new car arrives. Last week it was waiting to board the boat in Germany.

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mines arriving tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see what i can do with my pre facelift and facelift models
Looks like your will get to play before me. Would be interested in your findings.

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well that was pretty disappointing, it allows me to change the throttle and steering response on the High and GTi, which as I'm happy with both is a bit pointless, and change some readouts on the Interface and change the soundaktor level, what I really wanted was auto lock and tear wipe but they aren't even on the radar
Did you sign up for the 1 month subscription ?

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Not yet but it doesn't give you any more customisation options anyway, just engine data etc
Im sorry I feel kinda guilty for you spending out on this and finding it of no use. I bought it to change the soundaktor level. So you found that you can change the level without paying the subscription ?

·
Registered
VW UP GTI
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Only just had chance to play with Carista and as Vaultboy mentions. There is not a lot you can do. However as I said I bought it to save myself money over the dealer cost to change the soundaktor settings. Surprisingly I asked the dealer to change it to 75%, and they actually did it. However following a 500 mile trip to Scotland and back. Its my opinion that its still a bit intrusive at times. So today I dropped it to about 36% and I think I have found nirvana. There is still a characterful noise but its very muted. To me it sounds just perfect now. I tried dynamic throttle but couldnt really tell the difference so took it back to standard. I also changed to dynamic steering and I think it feels a wee bit heavier. Is the steering setting called default should I choose to change it back. Anybody know ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts