Up Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds interesting - what sort of extras can you unlock on the Gti using Carista ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks - I'd heard you can tighten up the steering etc but that doesn't seem to be on the list?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I might just buy it and see how it goes, its only 25 quid and its got to be worth that for the tear wipe and autolock, especially as we have two Up's

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mines arriving tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see what i can do with my pre facelift and facelift models

·
Registered
94 Posts
The seats in our high and Gti give out the same amount and while not as much as my golf mk4 are pretty good, to appreciate them properly you need to take off your coat if your wearing one because extra layers will insulate you from the seat heat, a bit counter intuitive but it's worth putting up with being cold to start with, you'll soon be toasty

·
Registered
94 Posts
I understand what you mean about having a coat on, but that would only prevent heat from the back rest, not the seat. I only have a short jacket on, not a coat. I only have on thin undies and thin Jeans so i can feel the tiny amount of heat the seats give out.

I have now tested the seats in 4 cars. 3 at dealers and my own and they are all the same so i know without doubt my heated seats are not faulty, they are working as they should. However i still say the amount of heat they give out is not good. The cars heater on the other hand is excellent. Makes the car lovely and warm and after a few minutes makes the inside of the car like a sauna. brilliant.

Re. the auto locking. Why not ask your VW main dealer to enable them for you? Thats what i did and it took them 5 minutes to do and they did it for free.
I love fettling cars so for 20 quid the Carista is good value for money for me, our local VW dealer has a terrible reputation so won't be going to them unless I absolutely have to!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well that was pretty disappointing, it allows me to change the throttle and steering response on the High and GTi, which as I'm happy with both is a bit pointless, and change some readouts on the Interface and change the soundaktor level, what I really wanted was auto lock and tear wipe but they aren't even on the radar

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's a pity. You could have spent the money on a nice curry instead lol.
If it has such limited use i guess there is no feature on it to raise the temp of the heated sets then?

I do not know your location, but if you are near Gt Manchester i can recommend my VW dealer in Bury. I am sure they would enable the auto locking for you.
No adjustment on the seats, thanks but a bit of a trek for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im sorry I feel kinda guilty for you spending out on this and finding it of no use. I bought it to change the soundaktor level. So you found that you can change the level without paying the subscription ?
Don't stress, there was no guarantee it was going to work on mine so I took a chance, weird that it works on some GTi's but not mine, you can change the level without signing up for anything, its not exactly clear but i think you sign up for the sub and then cancel before the first month is up and you don't get charged, I'm not going to bother as I'm not interested in engine data

1 - 10 of 10 Posts