Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a pimped out Tornado Red High Up.

Won't arrive till September however. Entirely my own fault for getting all the toys. The dealer where I've ordered it is looking forward to seeing it arrive as well because he's not seen a red one with the sports pack and sunroof yet.

Looking forward to it.

I want the Electric version when it arrives to be called the E-Up! Perfect for a Yorkshireman.

Just been to the dealer to sign some stuff and meet her for the first time. So time for some pics!

The sales manager and the rest of the staff all say its the best looking one they've had yet and have ordered the same spec to put in the showroom. Cool.

It has the new style UK spec speedo, which I like actually. Very clear.

Edited by: Optimus Frag

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
sounds awesome, i have a high up red coming with the sunroof later this week, however i didnt go for the sports pack, wanted to, but just couldnt quite afford the extra with everything id already added!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Willowaz!!! Your finally getting your car.. At last !! We will expect lots of photos......

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes finally :) eeeeeee, so excited!

best not hi-jack someone elses thread tho....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Us reds all have to stick together

Optimus, what car are you coming from to go to the up?
I sold my golf in order to get some cheaper motoring. My up is the first new car I have ever had, and it had to be tornado red for me... Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
123 Posts
exciting..... mines a red move up... :) Love her! :) I'm paranoid about keeping her clean though!!!
500 miles to my tank so far!!! Brill on the fuel! (compared to my really old W reg Clio!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Optimus Frag and welcome to the forum. Hope you don't mind a non-red fellow Yorkshireman (well, woman) jumping in to say hello. Love the user name, where'd that come from?

Willowaz, great news to hear you're finally getting yours this week, I'm so jealous

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks clowesa, but just think, means yours could only be a week behind mine...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi There, welcome to the forum<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Another tornado red high up! Yorkshire man, although in true
Yorkshire style I had to watch the pennies (I originally walked in to get the
move up! BMT) so mine only has the upgraded sound pack, but I will still be
very happy, especially as the demo car in Leeds was the same spec & colour
so it was good to see what I would end up with.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I must admit the inside looks brilliant in red as in the photo's. But as a devout Evertonsupporter I was wondering what one would look like in Royal Blue? After all it is also Jubilee year. Mine's an up! White and I love it so far.. Optimus Frag ..welcome to the club...

·
Registered
956 Posts
willowaz said:
thanks clowesa, but just think, means yours could only be a week behind mine...

I know but I daren't think about that cos I'll just get overexcited and then if I find out it's gonna be longer I'll end up being a gibbering wreck

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. The user name is my Xbox gamer tag which I've had for nearly 10 years now. It just popped into my head when creating it.

The car I've currently got is a MK2 Punto Sporting in Broom Yellow, which having had from new for 10 years I'm too fond of her to get rid off. So The Yellow Peril as she's known to my friends will be my Sunday car. I've used her for work for 10 years so she deserves a rest. So the Up will be primarily used for getting to work, saving a lot of money in go juice and road tax. £20 a year is the thing that impresses people most. Plus for fully comp business class insurance it's going down from £350 a year for the Punto to £160 for the Up.

Was round at my friends for a BBQ last week and were discussing the ordering of the Up and after viewing the mock up on the iPhone app, she has by unanimous vote been christened as The Red Mist.

By the way, does anyone know of any iOS apps that work in conjunction to the maps and more system. I've read what the system can do in full here and it seems to me that an app that works with it would be a big seller.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Incidentally, The salesperson that I was dealing with, Paul, mentioned that because mine wouldn't be getting here till September and not likely to be even made till mid August, there was a slight possibility that an up coming 'hill start' option may be added as part of the high Up spec and be put on mine. He couldn't promise it but it would be a nice surprise.

Anyone else hearing anything about that?

He was also briefly, but incorrectly told by the ordering manager that the radio might be a DAB one. Apparently that's going to be coming to the Polo rather an the Up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I'm guessing that as I've just ordered it I'm likely to be getting it then. Cool.

So I just ask the dealer about the build order date then I take it. I only ordered it on the 26th, so it's unlikely they'll have a date yet. I'm sure Paul will call me once the details have come through.

Saw a pic of the red with a dealer option white racing stripe along the bonnet and roof, drool..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes it should definitely be a 2013 spec up! with hill hold
control as standard.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I had to wait about 4 weeks before I was issued with my
build date (week 25, ordered 25<sup>th</sup> April) but some people on this
forum were issued with theirs after a couple of weeks.

The DAB radio is a serious omission on any new car these
days, maybe not as standard on a budget car, but it should have been included
as a costed option (I currently have a Pure unit in my Smart which works very
well, with the bonus it is portable and runs off rechargeable batteries)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
tony... this pure unit, does it plug into your smart cars radio to produce DAB?

·
Registered
142 Posts
willowaz said:
tony... this pure unit, does it plug into your smart cars radio to produce DAB?

The unit I have is a Pure Highway and is a small portable
unit a bit like a satnav (see installed pictures at the foot of this post)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-60905&Category=

It fixes to the windscreen on a suction mount, it gets its
power via the lighter socket and has an aerial that sticks on the inside of the
windscreen (although I have fitted an external aerial to help with the weaker
signals).

In the Smart it fits nicely out of the way on the dash, and
then users the auxiliary input on the existing cd/radio.

I generally find it quite good, (although it has mixed
reviews on amazon) but I do live in a strong DAB signal area, it did struggle
for a signal once I drove up into the Yorkshire Dales, but it was fine on
recent runs down the motorway to Birmingham & Peterborough.

I do sometimes work to walk which takes about 1 hour and ten
minutes so I just pop in some rechargeable batteries stick on my headphones, pop
the unit in my rucksack and set off trekking.

There are units which you can purchase which are installed
hidden behind the dash (such as this: http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/MediaDAB_stealth_add-on_DAB_car_radio.html
but there is no listing for the up! yet although plenty of other VW's and Audi's
are listed)

I won't be installing the Pure in my up! as I think it might
just spoil the looks (I might wait to see if the under dash units become
available), so I will just be loading the SD card with albums I never get
chance to listen to.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks tony, that explains everything really well :) to be honest I never knew there was anything like this out there, but then I dont even have a DAB radio in the house, so have never looked into it. Good to know I can get hold of it tho if I decide to get one...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only problem with ordering a new car is the wait.

The last time I ordered a new car I was lucky enough that the dealer had one to the spec and colour I wanted at another branch so it took less than a week for delivery.

September is looking a long way away and I'm getting somewhat obsessive about looking for pics on the Internet.

I'm so hyped for this car it's unbearable.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts