Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour, UK expat here. Just ordered my Up and was quite surprised during my research by how different the specifications and options are in the UK.

I have gone for the 5-dr Move Up with the 75hp engine. I see this isn't even an option in the UK - 60hp only until you get to the expensive High Up.

I also went with white because it's a no-cost option here. I see its £250 in the UK??

The only two options I ticked were the 6-speaker pack (thanks to the views on the standard speakers I had read on here) and a certain Winter Pack, which I don't think is even available in the UK.

This is basically front fog lamps and - crucially - heated front seats.It's odd that these are unavailable in the UK, even on the top-end models, especially given the last few winters you have had.

Anyhow, many thanks to all the contributors on here who helped me hone my choice. Delivery early November.

·
Registered
438 Posts
This business of paying extra for white is annoying! Won't be long until any sort of paint is extra! Is red free in France?Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
37 Posts
The UK spec High Up comes with heated seats, fog lights,speaker pack, full size spare wheel. Oddly in the UK the speaker pack only gives you two extra rear speakers, making four in total. I sure you will love it when it arrives.

·
Registered
7 Posts
According to the current up brochure on the vw web site the high up has the sound pack as standard which has four extra speakers two in the front (A pillar tweeters) and two in the back
This is the same as mine has but it was an optional extra when I ordered mine about a year ago

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the clarifications.

The 'free' colour here in France is red.

Yes, the 6-speaker option provide tweeters in the A pillars, plus speakers in the rear. Not sure if they are also 'better speakers', or just the same paper-cone efforts with a couple of tweeters added on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I've got tweeters. Lol. I did not know.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Move Up can be attached with winter pack in UK. I know cause my first Up (Move) had it including heated wing mirrors, heated seats and fog lights. This can be even seen on the configurator. But it's true about 75ps engine and the white colour (which used to be free btw). Also they have seemingly removed the option of fitting the Sports pack on Move Up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heated seats are awesome and should be compulsory on all cars. We heat our rear screens, so why not our bottoms? :)

Seat charge extra for a white Mii here, which was one of the reasons I ended up ordering an Up. Definitely didn't want the sports suspension/massive wheels, however. Somewhat pointless in a 75hp city car, IMHO.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah Candy White is now £250, so it says on my May pricelist. Onyx white is £900 I think! must be pretty special paint!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I got candy white when it was free of charge.
Supply and demand comes to mind.

If i had to pay for a paint colour then it should be the whole range that the car manufacturers
use.

Next colour of car i want is viper green!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha! Bonjour! ;)

Nice choice you've made, in holland candy white and tornado red are also free of charge.

·
Registered
176 Posts
As much as I love my High Up, it still annoys me that the French are allowed to benefit from the option of ordering the Move Up, in 75bhp form.

Why isn't the same option available in the UK?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, we also have the Cross Up! and will be getting the Up! GT 3-4 months before you.

On the down side, I have to live with the French

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In Germany
- white and (bright) blue are standard
- red costs ‚¬137
- dark blue met. / dark silver / light silver / black pearl cost ‚¬455
- white pearl costs ‚¬870

I would love to buy one in British Racing Green (with chromed mirrors).
So, it has to become black ...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went for the Cross-UP in Black Pearl... with the 65% dark tint windows.. and all of the option packs.. pushed the price up a bit lol... But i am still waiting for it... 12th Nov and counting...Im a EXPAT too.. But living in Germany..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts