Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a VW dealer in Guildford Surrey. Ordered an Up! Black - with Sports Suspension, Sound Pack, Drivers Assistance Pack, Sensor Pack amd Spare Wheel.
Be warned that the VW price list shows the Assistance Pack (City Emergency Braking) at £400 and not £225 as per the website and the millions of reprints of the What Car review that they have all over the place. They weren't going to move on the price despite the website and other evidence but saw reason in the end as I was going to tell them to poke it.

Tentativeeta of 29/6 - will know more next week when I should get a buildweek number.

The salesman actually drove to their Walton depot and borrowed their only Up! a red basic Take Up! so I could have a once over and a test drive. Very impressed - obviously not a Black Up! and without as many knobs and whistles - but it drove nice. Felt very roomy, boot was a good size compared to a Yaris. Very quietrunning too. Can't wait for the Black Up! now!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi there just checked my order form, and its 187.50 plus vat, which I think is 225. I suggest that you discuss with your dealer. i have ordered a Move Up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's okay I got the price down to £225 as it should be. It's just frustrating that they were using old price lists and tried to charge me over the odds even after I'd pointed out their error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just ordered Up! Black!! Woop! Woop!
Fell in love with it before i even drove it, saw the advert went in to test drive it.
They had the up black, and my gut feeling for the car was spot on, very responsive, great build quality, no cheap plastics, very economical, road tax £55!! Currently paying £218 for my mk2 golf!
Have ordered extras with it, the panoramic roof and hubby insisted i get a full size spare wheel.
As this is the top of the range it does have all the extra luxuries that you would expect, heated seats, air con, sat nab with an entertainment system integrated called 'Maps & More' had a go at this, extremely user friendly! Overall awesome car!

If you haven't drove it yet, do it NOW!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think you shall find its actually free from road tax the first year and only £20 after that...even better news ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congrats. Lovely car. I am waiting for the Up White. Did they give you any indication on how long you would have to wait for it? Also as mention above road tax is £20 after the first year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our Take UP! in white is coming on Friday - can't wait. It is replacing a 2 year of Fox, which has actually been a cracking little car.

We went into Parkway VW in Derby 2 weeks ago to look at the Up with no intention of buying one. The Dealer had an Up! White which had arrived that morning, we test drove it and were really impressed, he then came up with a deal which made it a no-brainer.

We went in on Saturday to sign the paperwork and ours had just arrived, still covered in the protective film. All very exciting

I've not seen one on the road yet. The dealer reckons ours will be one of the first 50 or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The £55 road tax is within the price for the first year""¦however £20 year after?! Great news!
Yep should be 11 weeks, so end of May.
How about yours?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally - a build week! (Ordered my Up! Black 2/3) - told today that its at Status 10 and the Build week is 19 which is the last week in April. Dealer said we should see the car in May, and there is a chance they could bring it forward. I can live with May as I have 2 final payments to go on the old jalopy so no worries!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts