Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new High Up! it was an ex demo with 50 miles on it, and they gave us £1000 discount for it having 50 miles on, whichIthink is quite good. They went a bit mad with the spec on it though, the sticker price was £13,798, but i love it, it has more equipment on it than my dad's Tiguan R-line, which is more than twice the price. I really like the car, however there is only one problem, I'm not 17 until May, so I have to wait 9 months to drive it
, Here it is, Tornado Red High Up! 3 door, (75ps) body kit, spoiler, sound pack, winter pack, sensor pack, motorway sticker, driversassistancepack. Hope all you Up! fans like it!

Edited by: Danny7

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hi and welcome

Very nice. Be a long wait I guess

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very tidy.

A good first car too. Particularly for the insurance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I love the rims too, I haven't seen them on another up! Yet, which is a good thing!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Yep, very nice looking car, just a pity about the nine month wait.

Hmm, nine months till you get your new baby, something not quite right there

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up the car yesterday, it's just I'm not 17 for 9 months so I just have to sit and admire it for now haha, and maybe do a few little modifications!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Ah, right. Not sure if that's not worse actually. I'd hate to think of mine sitting at home for that length of time and me not able to drive it. I'm not the most patient of people at the best of times, I think that would drive me nuts.

You'll probably have the most mods of any forum member by the time May arrives

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, It's great to hear that you got a new up. Can't wait to get my hands on one but will have to wait till end of this year. I am from Australia and we won't be getting them till December. Do you know if it can take 91ron regular unleaded available in Australia?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Welcome dasun, yes, the engine management system will allow 91 Ron fuel

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Danny7, will you be able to practice your driving in your up! I guess to do that, your parents would have to insure it for themselves.
I can remember paracticing on my 17th birthday in my mums mini-metro lol....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I will do, as soon as im 17 im driving it and practising in it, the day cant come soon enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Private, I also heard that the new vw up 5door model adds a few extra kilos with it's two extra doors while reducing 1litre from it's boot space. Do you know by how much the two doors add weight to the 5door model?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
5 door is 17kg heavier so not really significant

·
Registered
727 Posts
Privatedoc said:
5 door is 17kg heavier so not really significant

Driving a 5dr. up! naked will help compensate for the added weight.

Edited by: vwild1

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Or a strict diet for the 12 weeks delivery period!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Apparently with seats up, the 5 door boot is the same size, but with the seats down it's slightly bigger - perhaps the 1 litre referred to.

Something to do with the distance between the rear door panels being greater than the 3 door trim panels.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The extra space is due to the redesign of the back seats. If you notice the 5-door does not have cup holders on the side, so the seat have been moved a bit forward hence the extra space.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts