Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, picked up my new car yesterday - so thought I better log onto the owners club so we can help each other out

It's a Tungsten Silver High Up! + Bluemotion tech, Sensor Pack and Sports Pack.

Nice car so far, very impressed with the overall build quality of it, and the Maps and More seems a like it has some good features.

I cannot seem to locate the DAB radio functions though... could anyone suggest how I would turn this on?

I traded in my Scirocco 2.0T, so it is taking a little while to get used to <strike>no </strike>less power
- on the plus side the handling is very good, and plenty of MPGs so far which is nice!

Anyway, few pictures fresh from the dealership, I need to get out the Dodo Juice wax later to get the paintwork up to standard (and some sort of fabric protector, as the light coloured interior terrifies me!)

Cheers, Ed

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Ed,

congratilations to your new up!
Mine has Salsa Seats, too - and I love them! (see "Black Beauty" thread) ...

I don't have DAB - but others can surely help you ...

Took me some time to find out how to handle the volume of the Nav in the radio. When "the lady" speaks, you can adjust the volume of the Nav.

Bought a 32 GB micro SD card some days ago. So, I now can have 5000 of my own songs (as mpgs) on the M&M.

Have a lot of fun!
Andreas

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Ed,

You can access the dab function via the radio part of maps and more or by pressing the Radio button on the stereo and selecting by using the preset buttons. Did you spec your car with Dab? as it has only recently been added to the standard spec.

hope this helps

Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cadfael, cheers, I am also a fan of the Salsa seats, the photos don'tdo themjustice! Though I am worried about marking them! I have already applied some G Techniq I1 Smart Fabric to it to try and protect them...

Mike, cheers for that, you have confirmed that mine definitely does not have it - mine was not a factory build, as they had one in the spec I wanted, though I did buy it last month on the understanding that it was the current High Up! model, as listed on the website...
Could I ask how much the RRP of the DAB option was on yours?

I have kicked off a thread about this in the Technical section.
Edited by: Ed!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Ed,

in Germany the DAB+ costs 225‚¬ extra when configuring a new up! ...

Your dealer was right, that your up! is the current (non-factory) model!
The first up!s "2015" models will arrive in one or two weeks.
So, your dealer was not cheating or trying to betray anyone! Your up! has surely been built in March or April 2014 ...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
ED, as before, dab CAN be retrofitted but it is a reasonably rip-apart job........have you got unlimited data plan on your phone?......if so, just stream an app like onetuner or similar to your M&M I use this method and there are literally thousands of stations out there, if you like the absolute 80's/90's etc , they have an app that gives you bonus songs instead of long ad breaks !

bit of a pisser you didn't get dab standard but hey, the car has so many great things about it!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey man, awesome high up. Identical to mine aside I didn't have the sports pack.

Tungsten silver is the way to go IMHO!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Now Now Fidel....we all know you picked tungsten because you couldn't get pure white....

seriously.....looks Fantastic in Tungsten !

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ed, the option cost £200 for the Dab, most dealers wanted to fit a Pure Highway dab for £350 when i was looking. i understand that kenwood do a VW approved head unit that dealers can supply/fit.

mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes indeed chaps - I wasn't trying to imply the dealer was pulling the wool over my eyes - he confirmed it as a MY14 and I was under the impression that would be the specifications on the website - as without a clear list of what is and isn't included it can be very hard to tell what is on it.
I have spoken to the dealer today, unfortunate misunderstanding really, a tad disappointing, but as PrivateDoc says it is still a great car, and I got a cracking deal on it, which I probably would not have got with a factory build.

Cheers about the colour, I am pleased with it - to be honest... when I ordered it I said what I wanted a High Up with sensor pack, and I don't care what colour it is (I didn't know what the dash colour was until I collected it!) - on a factory build I probably would have picked Mayan Blue - but the Tungsten looks way better in the flesh than the brochure, and it will be a bit rarer than the blue.

I have not looked into the internet radio on my phone yet, as I haven't used it much for media thus far. I have a 4gig plan so should be okay (the price of unlimited have gone insane recently, I could almost have leased an Up! for the price EE wanted!?).
I will see what VW come back with about retrofitting one, I would only really be interested if it was fitted to be like standard, rather than an aftermarket bolt on.

Thanks for the input everyone!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
'3' do an unlimited data plan (including 4G) for £12.90 a month.........rude not to !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts