Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. Lovely looking car you’ve got yourself there. To answer your question, it’s personal and all depends on what you think is right for you. Given you have a list it seems you already have an idea but it’s worth driving for a bit to see if/when you want to make any changes. Nobody else’s modding order is necessarily going to be right for you. You may discover you like things how they are when someone else would change it. Personally, if it’s any help, my first change was the tyres. I let some air out of the Goodyears and drove them a week or two but still couldn’t get on with them. I fitted a set of yokos and haven’t looked back. Next for me was exhaust, I felt the up should sound more aggressive with the windows down so fitted a Milltek road+. Next up is suspension, I’ve driven it for about 5 months now, ummed and aahed as to whether to change from stock but finally have settled on the idea that coilovers are the way to go. Now saving for eibach coilovers as I’ve read that they strike a good balance in improving the ride whilst also improving turn-in, which I feel are the two areas this car sorely lacks. After that will be wheels and then I’m done. Im not one for remapping but again that’s down to the individual and causes lots of debate on here! Have fun whatever you decide to do.

PS you may wish to check out the GTI and modding sections to get an idea of what others have been doing. As you only mentioned “springs”, I seem to remember some users who have just changed springs have had bad experiences as it’s generally accepted that stock damping is the issue re suspension shortcomings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, good feedback on the car for me. I'll drive the car for a couple of months to identify which modifications to get. I do think the exhaust may come first though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No problem, I’m sure you’ll love the car. There’s plenty of info on here around all the areas you’ve mentioned. Exhaust really does make a big difference imo and makes it into a little animal with a little growl. There’s a few videos on here about comparisons between Milltek systems, there are also systems by scorpion and now BCS to consider. And obviously there’s the custom route. Just saw your post in general thread also about GTI owners in Scotland. Again maybe try the GTI section if you have no luck in general.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts