Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my up a early Christmas present I brand new steering wheel from high up ( the one with up written on the bottom)
I find the standard wheel very rough and let's the car done i might get it recovered before I put it on in nice leather with white stitching or alcantara

What you think

·
Registered
532 Posts
I love the leather steering wheel it's narrow and easy to hold, just right for my short fat fingers. We have a C2 that has a horrid fat slippy plastic steering wheel with the daft sticky out bits for your thumbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ian986 said:
I just purchased my up a early Christmas present I brand new steering wheel from high up ( the one with up written on the bottom)
I find the standard wheel very rough and let's the car done i might get it recovered before I put it on in nice leather with white stitching or alcantara

What you think
Where from dude?

And how much, incl fitting?!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eBay I missed one from same company couple of weeks ago! They emailed me to say that they had another one and would I like to buy it now for £140 which I did

Fitting is not a problem as I work for a BMW dealer lots of techs and one used to,work a VW

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My high up doesn't have the logo. I think you have the up black/white special edition wheel.. Very cool...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now fitted! was a bit of a pain to fit, well getting the air bag out from original wheel was a pain once that was out took 5 mins total job took 30 mins

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest I got one of the tech's at work to do it
What I watched him do was take of cowling around key and both side of steering colum
Then realease airbag pins until air bag realeses unconnected airbag then undo steering wheel nut

Then put back cowling first as easier that way then bolt on wheel then connect air bag push back into place gently
The battery was not disconnected when this was done

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am afraid I don't have it but if you like a I can post the buyer name who I purchased from he seems to get them quite often

·
Registered
705 Posts
145 Danish Krone (why don't the Danes use the Euro for prices?) equates to £16.77.

Nick

1 - 20 of 33 Posts