Up Owners Club banner

Just saying Hi.

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  ospreywatcher 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone in here, been browsing in and out of here for a couple of weeks now and finally joined up a couple of days ago but this is the first chance I've really had to post

I am currently driving a mini cooper and am looking to either trade that in for a 5 door Move UP with extras or a High UP possibly with the sports pack as I really want the tinted windows. I am having my first baby which is due in July so will be needing a 5 door vehicle and I want something that will be cheap to run be reliable be fun and have 5 doors and I think the UP ticks all those boxs perfectly, and I'd like the tinted windows in the rear so as to try to help keep the car cooler for the baby when ever he is in the car.

Now I just got to decide which version to go for and then to decide on colour, at the moment I am really keen on getting a Mayan Blue but have been told that it will be about 12 weeks for that or I could a Red version within 3 weeks or maybe even a white version, I do like the white as well but still prefer the blue especially the fact that its a no cost option helps

Have any of you guys gotten your UPs earlier than expected or would those 12 weeks be definate? As I am planning on going to place my order this week (hopefully) just means that if I go for the blue I will have two new babies in July, my baby and the UP.

Thanks for having me guys

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it's fair to say that twelve weeks would be a maximum. Mine came through in about ten weeks from order. If you are really keen to have the blue wouldn't it be worth the wait or you will only regret it. Edited by: Beevee

#3 ·
I live in Germany ...

Ordered my up on 13th March and it will arrive in one or twqo weeks ...
So, it's 8-9 weeks for a 100% customized up! ...

The up! specs have been changed mid April!!!
The 65% tinted rear windows are now available for the Move up! and High up! without any other extra! In Germany it coasts ‚¬165 - so, maybe 120 to 150 GBP???
I love the "spoke" wheels ...

Maybe the UK configurator hasn't been updated yet???
Try it again or ask your lokal dealer. A Mayan High up! 5 doors with 65 tinted back windows should be available in the UK, too ...

#4 ·
Hi Zimbo just a quick one when ordering your new car make sure you ask about the front air bag
Deactivate switch ,as most have not got one ,especially on the base model ,I have only seen one
On the electric model ,also my wife has the Mayan blue lovely colour definitely worth the Waite ,
You won't be disappointed ,and welcome to the forum,
Phill,,

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the replies guys. Not sure how to multi quote in one go in this forum sorry
, not exactly a computer geek
so am editing my posts the long way round.

Beevee said:
I think it's fair to say that twelve weeks would be a
maximum. Mine came through in about ten weeks from order. If you are
really keen to have the blue wouldn't it be worth the wait or you will
only regret it.

Thanks and yes your right as I am intending on keeping this car hopefully for as long as possible even in if further down the road it gets kept as the little family runabout.

Cadfael said:
I live in Germany ...

Ordered my up on 13th March and it will arrive in one or twqo weeks ...
So, it's 8-9 weeks for a 100% customized up! ...

The up! specs have been changed mid April!!!
The
65% tinted rear windows are now available for the Move up! and High up!
without any other extra! In Germany it coasts ‚¬165 - so, maybe 120 to
150 GBP???
I love the "spoke" wheels ...

Maybe the UK configurator hasn't been updated yet???
Try
it again or ask your lokal dealer. A Mayan High up! 5 doors with 65
tinted back windows should be available in the UK, too ...

Thanks Cadfael, thats interesting. I think I will have to have a word with my dealer and see what they say about this new option as it is not available on the UK configurator yet anyway as that would save me a little bit of money.

Bossphillip said:
Hi Zimbo just a quick one when ordering your new car make sure you ask about the front air bag
Deactivate switch ,as most have not got one ,especially on the base model ,I have only seen one
On the electric model ,also my wife has the Mayan blue lovely colour definitely worth the Waite ,
You won't be disappointed ,and welcome to the forum,
Phill,,

Thanks Bossphillip, am I correct in thinking that the passenger airbag de-activation switch is only available through purchasing the City Emergency package which then includes the the airbag and auto braking function? So I assume after what you I think your saying is that a lot of UPs out there do not have this option fitted. I am still trying to decide If its an option that I should go for or not.

Cheers Alistair (zimbo)

Edited by: zimbo

#6 ·
Hi Aliststair,

as I wrote, these specs are VERY new! 2 weeks???

They came along with the two "sport packs" "polygon" and "triangle" (including black roof interior), all season tyres for the eco up! and the series tyre pressure control system for all new up!s ...

Your dealer might not know about it yet or maybe the UK update a little bit later???
The left/right steering wheel windows should be the same? So, I see no reason why the 65% tinted windows should not come in the UK ...

#7 ·
Cadfael said:
Hi Aliststair,

as I wrote, these specs are VERY new! 2 weeks???

They came along with the two "sport packs" "polygon" and "triangle" (including black roof interior), all season tyres for the eco up! and the series tyre pressure control system for all new up!s ...

Your dealer might not know about it yet or maybe the UK update a little bit later???
The left/right steering wheel windows should be the same? So, I see no reason why the 65% tinted windows should not come in the UK ...
Hi Cadfael, thanks again, I was looking to see if I could get a dark headlining (roof interior) but couldn't see it as an option online (UK) or in the brochure I got, so this is great news for me as I'd very much prefer to have that than the light coloured version you get now. And as far as I knew in the UK we only get one "sport pack" option and thats only available on the High UP.

I'm now building up quite a list to ask my dealer when I see him this week
Thank you

#8 ·
Yes, we also had the "old sport pack option".
These two "sport packs" have been new since about 20th April 2014 in Germany ...

There can't be any brochures about it yet. Haven't had a look if the German brochure has been updated or if it's still the old version ...

I might have ordered the "New Polo" instead of the high up! ...

I didn't do it as the "Composition Media" with navi was not available.
1.5 months after ordering my high up!, the "Composition Media" with navi is available for the Polo.

I don't know if you can contact anyone via volkswagen.co.uk ?
Maybe you state that these options are new in Germany and ask if/when Volkswagen UK will also have them. If they are good, they might try to get the correct information and inform you before any dealer gets the official news. Don't blaim it on the dealer! He might try to get these infos himself???

This might mean, that you have to wait longer until these changes are available in the UK ....

Some things are not available in other countries at all!
We have had no "Rock up!" here in Germany at all! It seems to be a UK model???
The new sport packs might be introduced with delay in other countries so that production and stock have a better/slower start.

#9 ·
Welcome....another Scots UP! my dealer in Ayr was fantastic and my car arrived a bit faster than we anticipated.....wait for the spec you want as you will have a long time to regret a compromise!

also, isofix in the back but for a new-born, airbag deactivation in the front is essential!....Also, factory tinted windows are great but pentagon are also pretty good at aftermarket tints if you want to save some dosh

Edited by: Privatedoc

#10 ·
Thanks guys. I will be getting in touch with my dealer today hopefully to ask him about these new packs etc.

Privatedoc, yeah im on the eastcoast

#12 ·
East coast....all fine but avoid arnold clark if poss!.

#13 ·
Hi Zimbo just got back from wales it's the best place for peace, just sand and sea

Getting back to the air bag deactivation ,just ask your dealer ,,especially if you want the baby in the front of the car ,
Otherwise you will have to have baby in the rear of the car ,it's your choice ,when I got mine I automatically thought
It would have one as most of the cars I have had ,have had one ,
Best to be safe Regards Phill,,

#14 ·
Snuggles said:
Zimbo, could you kindly let us know if you get any
answers? I'm thinking of ordering an UP myself, and I would also like to
be able to spec tinted window without the sports pack.
Hi Snuggles, my dealer did not know anything about the seperate tinted window thing as is available on the Continent and he did not know about the new dark(black) headlining available on the sports pack too, until I showed him a pic from the configurator showing the sports pack contents list which included the new black headlining, his face was a picture

Privatedoc said:
East coast....all fine but avoid arnold clark if poss!.

Its ok, I didnt use them. My nearest was Barnetts

Bossphillip said:
Hi Zimbo just got back from wales it's the best place for peace, just sand and sea

Getting back to the air bag deactivation ,just ask your dealer ,,especially if you want the baby in the front of the car ,
Otherwise you will have to have baby in the rear of the car ,it's your choice ,when I got mine I automatically thought

Cheers Bossphillip, my dealer siad that VW apparently always recommend people put infants etc in the back seats anyway. And yes it has to be specced and does not come standard.

Edited by: zimbo

#15 ·
Bossphillip wrote:

Thanks,, for the reply .its just that people just don't. No, as I didn't , it's best to be safe than sorry ,when the baby's are traveling ,
In vehicles ,and I would only put my granddaughter in the rear of the car , Regards phill..

#16 ·
zimbo said:
Hi Snuggles, my dealer did not know anything about the seperate tinted window thing as is available on the Continent and he did not know about the new dark(black) headlining available on the sports pack too, until I showed him a pic from the configurator showing the sports pack contents list which included the new black headlining, his face was a picture
Thanks zimbo, I've since had an email from VW UK which states that it is not possible to have tinted windows without the sports pack and they have no plans to introduce this option in the UK. A shame as I'm sure plenty of people would like this option without having to pay for the full sports pack.

#17 ·
Welcome Zimbo - another Scottish UP - We live in the central belt. Have had a High Up since last November. Going in for 10,000 service on Monday coming. Only slight snag is rear brakes tend to stick on when parked for a couple of days. Running well, no weird noises as some report. true average mpg is about 53 since new [measuring what goes through the tank as M&M a little optimistic] with some trips at the 60 mpg mark. Hope you enjoy yours when it arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.