Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you didn't know, My car was a High Up in Red with Grey/Red seats and Cornsilk interior with a red dash.
When the car turned up, they had fitted a Black Pearl dash into it by mistake. They offered to chage it, but it would be a long wait. I could take the car until the red dash arrived.

After a few days I fell in love with the contrast between the Cornsilk and the Black Pearl, and the red on the doors.

I have decided to keep the car as it is.

I did look on the configuator and you can't seem to order this combo on a red car, so (once the other forum members car that was in the same position is fixed), I should have a one of a kind up. LOL

Has anyone else had their car arrive with a different spec to their original order?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hmm, I'll just be glad for mine to arrive, full stop

Just wanted to say good choice though. I saw the pics you posted and I really liked the black dash so I'm glad you've decided to keep it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dont get too carried away Alex, I am uncertain as to whether to change mine yet... lol
Seriously though... the longer I wait the more I worrired about getting it done. So much conflicting information on how it will be changed - just the black/red bit or whole dashboard.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well eiother way, youll either be the only one or only one of two! x

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do you think that it might be worth ringing VW (somewhere) for confirmation of how the dashcan be changed?? My car is so quite - no rattles or anything but depending on what theychange, alsorts of noises could develop!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaveUp said:
Dont get too carried away Alex, I am uncertain as to whether to change mine yet... lol

Seriously though... the longer I wait the more I worrired about getting it done. So much conflicting information on how it will be changed - just the black/red bit or whole dashboard.

Hi GaveUp,

The thing I love about it is the contrast between the Black Pearl and the Cornsilk interior. I think it looks very good with the whole length of the dash having that effect, almost a bit like a Grand Piano.

Do you like this look? If it was changed to red, would you miss it?

Also, the Black Pearlmatches the Steering wheel shiny inserts, which brings it all together at the front.

I had worried that the red doors and black dash would clash, however I decided that they don't. There is enough red inside to still bring everything together.

If I was you, I would have a sit in your car and take in all the good things the black brings VS the good things that would be if it was red.

I guess the red is more fun, but for me, the black seemsmuch more sophisticated.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but thought I would explain my thought process, just in case it helps you out.. I think 90% of my decision on keeping the black was because I loved it, and 10% was the worry of them messing with it and introducing rattles etc..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like my black pearl dash along with the little flecks
showing up when there is direct sunlight on the dash. I didn't realise that the
black pearl dash matched my black pearl paintwork on the outside of the car. I
am really impressed with the outside paintwork and the dash on the inside of
the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts