Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's no up! but what Ken Block does with a Fiesta is nothing short of an automotive ballet. Be sure to watch it in FULL SCREEN mode (HD if you got the bandwidth speed) with the speakers cranked up..!!

enjoy

[TUBE]LuDN2bCIyus?hd=1[/TUBE]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My favorite part has to be at about 5:40 where he's drifting around a corner.. airborne..!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah takes a special skill to have the wheels in position for the landing!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Thump

That was my jaw hitting the floor........just amazing car control and really well filmed....thanks for sharing

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Privatedoc said:
Thump

That was my jaw hitting the floor........just amazing car control and really well filmed.
I'm amazed they were even able to film it on (almost) deserted streets..!! And to think I've driven over that bridge (The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge), taken that very off ramp after the bridge and driven several of those streets in the Market District thousands of times myself (but not quite as fast)...

·
Registered
73 Posts
vwild1 said:
Privatedoc said:
Thump

That was my jaw hitting the floor........just amazing car control and really well filmed.
I'm amazed they were even able to film it on (almost) deserted streets..!! And to think I've driven over that bridge (The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge), taken that very off ramp after the bridge and driven several of those streets in the Market District thousands of times myself (but not quite as fast)...

Not quite as fast and with all four wheels on the ground??!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Awesome. He is so precise it's unreal. That's Travis Pastrana on the bike. I remember watching a video on Youtube a while back of Ken doing stuff like this through open doors in buildings, and jumping over massive ramps, etc. Then, Ricky Carmichael (The Greatest of All Time) jumps across his path while he's in the air (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
move up! said:
I remember watching a video on Youtube a while back of Ken doing stuff like this through open doors in buildings, and jumping over massive ramps, etc. Then, Ricky Carmichael (The Greatest of All Time) jumps across his path while he's in the air (if that makes sense).
Yes, that was when Ken was featured on Top Gear.

[TUBE]lFF2bkiHNVQ[/TUBE]

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I'll be impressed when I see someone do that in an UP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts