Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I gets a phone call yesterday from my VW to come in and get my second key synced to my car. 8:30 I went in, 10:15 I left. Was only ment to be a 30 minute job!

Apparently because my car is so new the system isn't up to date to generate a code for my key! They have to contact VW in Germany to fix it!!

Nearly 2 hours I sat and waited to be told it won't work!!

I'm just a smidge annoyed at this moment in time :mad:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Eek! I got told my key is on back order so I won't get it today with the car. Hope you get it sorted soon!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Quick ?.......why buy from dundee when you are a paisley buddie? am I missing something, is dundee getting ups faster than ingrams? ;-)

·
Registered
655 Posts
RUBBISH Craig as I had mine done as well two weeks ago...it was about 1hr 30 and works perfectly. Hope this helps

·
Registered
120 Posts
I recall in one of the other threads that the dealer needs to upgrade their software before they can pair the key. Edited by: davidw

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the same issue at our dealer, their software needed updating but because they were closing they weren't getting the update, referred me to the next nearest (and somewhat bigger) dealership in Blackburn who sorted it in about 45mins. Ask your dealership about updating their system!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I knew there had to be a bonus to not getting the second key

·
Registered
329 Posts
Agree with the above comments. Their systems need updating. Once done coding is simple. Had mine sorted after they updated and all working fine.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
mine is booked in to do when i have time in a few weeks, but theyve already told me itll take them around 1 hour or so

·
Registered
51 Posts
Everyone i know of so far who has had a key done on an up had initial problem due to the dealers system needing the newest update applying,i would ring them first to ask them to make sure it is up to date to save having to wait longer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts